Untitled Part 2

Maka sat across from Crona settled back into a booth letting the coffee in her hands warm her fingers. This was her favorite cafe and she insisted on bringing Crona out today seeing as the last time they spoke was about a week ago when they passed each other at some point. Plus she wanted and practically begged Crona to get a cup of Maka's favorite for himself to try out.
"-I'm not sure how to explain it.. It's.. A very bright and welcoming color." She tilted her head as she looked down gesturing to the yellowish/gold coffee cup in her hands. "It's kind of like fire. But not as red. Like a calm fire.." She looked up at Crona smiling warmly at him as she tried to picture what his soulmate looked like; somebody with yellow eyes of all colors.

-

Crona sat there, his hands overlapping each other on table as he stared at Maka's cup. The dull grey mug offset the pale skin on her fingers. He did his best to take in what she said and imagine this "yellow" color he sadly couldn't make out. "W-welcoming, huh?" He smiled. He couldn't help but close his eyes and try to picture the eyes that he was destined to fall for. These golden eyes that would change his way of viewing the world forever. His smile fades when his insecurities start to seep into his mind. What if his soulmate doesn't accept him? What if he's not good enough. He's never really been good enough for anyone, not even his own mother...he snaps out of his thoughts and looks down at his cup. Steam rose from the warm beverage. He hesitantly takes his cup and slowly takes a sip, careful not to burn himself. "Mmm, this tastes great." He hums. The drink instantly making him forget about the negative thoughts, just for a minute.

-

Maka sighed softly leaning back into her seat as she took another sip of her coffee, humming in agreement over how good her drink was.
Somehow Crona's negative thoughts had managed to infest Maka's mind as well wondering just what color her soulmate's eyes were supposed to be. She always imagined them as blue. Something to compliment hers nicely. But it seemed she could already see blue quite well. So what was this mysterious color that she couldn't see? It was the little things that bugged her about it. The little bell on the door of the cafe, those horrendous and ugly roses she would see when she walked through the local gardens. Everyone seemed to swoon over how pretty the 'red' roses were but to her they were disgusting, plain, and overall unattractive from every aspect and point of view. "... What about red..?" She asked quietly, lazily pointing a finger in the direction of the cafe door where the little bell had chimed signaling someone leaving. "Why does everyone like it so much..? It doesn't seem like there's that many red things around so why get excited over a color that doesn't really matter?" She pouted as she looked down at her coffee nearly spitting the words out harshly and bitterly although she didn't mean it. Truth was, she wanted nothing more than to be able to see whatever color it was.

-

Crona was caught off guard by her rant, "ummm...well.." Crona starts. He really had to think on this one. Describing something properly for him was hard enough because of his lack of confidence but, a color nonetheless. But he wanted to make sure he did a good job for Maka, "Red can be many different things depending on how you look at it..." he starts, "Heat it one thing it reminds me of...like the burning heat of a fire. A-also, some people may associate it with romance and passion..." Crona blushes, looking away from Maka in embarrassment. "Which is why people like roses so much..." he grabs his arm, pulling it inward, "but it can also be angry...like the fury that burns in ones eyes after getting mad or frustrated." He looks back up to meet Maka's eyes. Those bright green eyes that never judge him, and are always so inviting. He's thankful to have her in his life. She's really the only pleasant person he hangs around. And that's definitely saying something. "W-was that helpful? I don't know how to deal with being put on the spot..." he grabs his mug and takes another sip of his "Maka special".

-

She listens carefully, closing her eyes as she tries her damnedest to imagine what this color is but she can't imagine if it's dark or light or both or whether or not when she looks at her partner it'll be something of lighthearted romance or a burning anger that will always make her somehow afraid. With her experience in men, (which was only her father) she could get anyone. She could get a cheater, or an abuser, or even someone who had no interest in her. Finding your soulmate didn't necessarily mean they would be a good person because if that was the case there would be world peace and that was something she thought about a LOT. "Thanks.." She opened her eyes as she looked back at Crona. Sometimes she wished it would just be Crona. It would make life a lot easier with the addition of already being best friends. "I suppose one day I'll get to see it." She sighed deeply pushing away her coffee cup and stretching her arms out a bit. "Are you ready to go?"

-

Crona gives her a smile and sits down his mug, "uh huh," he gets up, pushing in his seat. Maka offered to pay for his drink since she was the one who wanted him to try it. He refused but with Maka's persistence, he gave in. He at least left a top on the table. They get to the door, to which Crona chivalrously opened for Maka. But just as he opened the door, a guy with white hair steps inside, without a word. He seemed troubled, and had headphones in so he must not have been paying attention to where he was going, "Hey wait!-" but before Crona could get those words out, "oof!-" the guy ran right into Maka. "M-maka! Are you okay?? Hey, you shouldn't be wearing headphones while walking into an establishment!" Crona scolded the guy, in defense for Maka, of course. He couldn't stand up for himself much, but when it came to his friend, his best friend, he would fight for her honor. He got a good look at the guy now, leather jacket with skinny jeans. Looks like someone who would be friends with his big brother Ragnarok, and that's not a good thing. And what makes the situation even worse, was the way him and Maka were looking at each other..."M-Maka?"

-

Maka happily paid for both of their drinks just amazed that she even got Crona to try it in the first place. He'd probably be hype drunk from the caffeine later and thought of it made her giggle quietly seeing as how Crona was anything but an excitement level over a 3/10.
As Crona opened the door for her, she offered a smile as a thank you before stepping through only to collide with someone hard enough to knock her back, hitting ground with a little thump. Jesus, how embarrassing. She shut her eyes for a moment rubbing at her hip before she began to look up at whoever the fuck had the nerve to not watch where they were going. "Ow.. God, I'm sorry. My faul-"
She looked up meeting eyes with him, feeling her stomach twist in all sorts of weird a new ways that she had never felt before. There was this new color that she'd never seen before in her life. It was dark and piercing and somehow seemed to look right through her. An unsettling feeling that made her feel exposed both physically and emotionally. There was definitely a passion there but as for what kind, she couldn't really make out.
That unsettling feeling began to slowly diminish as she watched the small and random things around her begin to slowly flood with this new color she always wondered about. And the look on his face implied that he was getting to see a new color too. Which only meant one thing. This person standing in front of her who had so rudely knocked her down by not watching where he was going.. Was hers.. And she was his. These two people were made for each other. And that was an exciting yet terrifying thought to think about.

-