27

The sound of quick raps on the door woke Magnolia up before Kylo Ren.

She sat up quickly, pulling her knees to her chest and drawing the covers tight over her body. The knocks continued.

"Kylo..." Magnolia whispered. 

He didn't move.

"Kylo!" she hissed shoving his shoulder. 

"Mph!" He said slowly cracking open an eye, "what?"

"There's someone at the door." She whispered.

That seemed to wake him up. He stood up quickly. Wearing his all black sleep attire, he moved through the room to his helmet. "Don't move." He said to her before pulling it on.

She nodded and scooted back against the wall.

Kylo Ren opened the door slowly.

"Good morning, sir." The metallic voice of the medical droid rang through the apartment.

"Hello?" Kylo Ren responded. This was certainly not the visitor he expected.

"Might I come in? Is the patient here?"

"Oh. Um...yes she's here." He opened the door to let the droid in.

The droid made it's way over to Magnolia. 

"Please move forward," the droid instructed her. "I need to scan you."

Kylo Ren appeared next to the droid looking worriedly at Magnolia.

Magnolia watched as it rolled some sort of metal ball attached to it's arm over her forehead. 

"I thought I wasn't supposed to bring her to you until later?" Kylo Ren asked the droid.

"That is correct," the droid replied, "however, I was sent here by the general to check and make sure she was okay."

Magnolia watched as Kylo Ren narrowed his eyes at the droid. He pushed it away from her.

"General Hux sent you?"

"Yes sir. Now if you please, I must continue this che-"

"Get out." Kylo Ren said.

"Sir, I must advise otherwise."

"Get out now."

The droid made a sound of annoyance before moving towards the door.

"Shall I let the General know that I was unable to carry out my instructions?"

"No." Kylo Ren said coldly, "I will tell him myself."

The droid made a curt nod before exiting the room.

"I'm going to kill that man."

"Hux?" Magnolia asked.

"He knows exactly what he's doing." Kylo Ren continued ignoring her. "Trying to get in between us. Trying to keep us apart."

"That sounds borderline possessive Kylo." Magnolia said

Kylo Ren tried to ignore her as he began putting on all his armor.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I need to speak with Hux about something." He said pulling on heavy black boots.

"Are you serious?"

"He needs to learn to leave well enough alone."

"What's he gonna do? Annoy you more than he's already doing? Annoy you to death?" Her comment was laced with sarcasm.