24

"Where should we start?" Kylo Ren asked her.

Magnolia paused, she didn't remember much  of her family. She had been so young when they died. She only remembered the screams, the blaster fire, the dark cloud growing bigger from the sky.

Noticing she was lost in thought, Kylo Ren tried another question. "Where are you from?"

Blinking out of her trance Magnolia turned to him, "Naboo."

He smiled under his mask. He remembered visiting the planet with his mother when he was very young. It was actually one of the good memories he had in his childhood. His family had wanted him to see the home of his grandmother. He remembered how beautiful it was. He could imagine a younger Magnolia running in the grassy fields or swimming in the large oceans that covered the planet.

He motioned her to follow him as he walked toward the isle that contained information on planets in the outer rim. "Look for anything that might contain something on Naboo and we'll go from there."

She nodded and walked further down the isle. 

He noticed that she seemed much more comfortable around him. All the new things they knew about each other seemed to have broken the wall between them. He hadn't read into her mind to see how she felt about him now, but it seemed as though their discovery that they were actually very similar had relived her. He watched her as she scanned books and records.

"Are you just going to stare or are you going to help?" She called out to him from further down the aisle. 

His contemplative state was rattled. Was she flirting with him? He could see a smirk forming from the corner of her mouth. 

He turned back to the books, deciding to ignore her comment... for now. He looked back quickly, to see if she was still searching, but found that it was now her turn to stare at him. "Found anything of interest yet?"

She blushed and turned back to investigating. Her eyes trailing down book after book. None of them appeared to have anything on Naboo. There were things on wars of the outer rim and Gungans, but nothing specific to her home or it's history. She paused at a book without any writing on it. Taking it off the shelf and further examining it, it appeared to have no title whatsoever. In fact, it looked more like a diary than a book. She opened it to find incredibly detailed drawings. No writing, only pictures. She thumbed through the pages; images that looked familiar to her childhood began to appear. Magnolia felt herself smiling as she found one illustration of a palace she remembered. Then suddenly, the drawings began to get darker. It appeared as though warships were drawn into the beautiful scenery. She couldn't make out where they were from. "Come look at this." She called out to Kylo Ren.

He quickly approached her, looking down over her shoulder at the diary. "It's just like I remember," she told him going through the first part, "but then these appear." She pointed to the warships.

He looked at them. They had no recognizable features. No distinguishing markings. It was almost as if they were rouge. 

"They stay here for a while, and then, they just stop." Magnolia said. "No more pictures."

"It's as if the war ships did what they were intended to do." Kylo Ren said aloud. 

Magnolia must have made a gave him a puzzled expression because he continued. "Warships, they reign terror usually. Destroy things. Blow planets up."

She glanced back at the diary and then to him. "Where did this come from? Do you have a way to look up how these items were acquired?"

He nodded. "There is a computer around here somewhere, it catalogues everything that ends up here."