1

"You're saying that this map really is the location to Luke Skywalker?" Magnolia Ruliesoli asked the elderly gentleman sitting across from her.

"That is correct." The old man smiled at her. "By getting this back to the Resistance's base, we will finally be able to track our old friend down." He handed her a small pouch that held the vital information.

"Hey now," Magnolia said jokingly accepting the pouch, "I don't know how Luke would feel about being called old."

Lor San Tekka smiled again at the girl, but his smile quickly vanished when a loud boom echoed in the tent they were residing in.

The man looked at Magnolia grimly. "It's the First Order, they've come for the map, you must leave as soon as possible."

Magnolia nodded and stood up quickly. She grasped the old man in a firm hug. "Please stay safe." she murmured quietly.

"I will try my best. Now- hurry!" he responded.

Magnolia went running out of the tent of toward her waiting aircraft not that far away. In the distance she saw First Order aircraft landing on the desert planet. Soon the troops would be piling out.

All around her inhabitants were running, alarmed. Some vanishing into their homes, while others stood paralyzed with fear watching the descending aircrafts.

Approaching her ship, Magnolia heard blaster fire. She made the mistake of turning around to see the first round of Stormtroopers running out of ship, guns blazing. The air began to smell of smoke and cloth burning.

I hope I can make it out of here. Magnolia thought to herself, as she jumped in the cockpit of her X-Wing fighter. Pulling the lid of the aircraft down, she saw huts and tents on fire as more and more Stormtroopers poured into the sand. Blaster fire, mixed with the burning of homes made her shudder.

Let's give these punks a taste of their own medicine! She thought as the engine of the fighter came to life. She aimed the guns of the ship toward an incoming group of Troopers and fired. The blast was big enough to send a few of them flying through the air.

"Yes!" she said aloud. Continuing to take aim at more and more troops.

While she continued to try to help the struggling people of Jakku, Magnolia had not noticed the Storm Trooper with a cape and silver armor standing close to some of their ships call for backup.

The sound of even bigger jet engines were loud enough to break Magnolia's concentration just in time for her to see a large black airship descend on Jakku. While the battle ragged on around her, her vision was fixated on the mysterious ship landing.

Smoke filled the platform as it dropped from the ship revealing the passengers- a series of Storm Troopers and a figure clocked in black.

From the cockpit Magnolia gulped back fear, Kylo Ren.

Time to go! Magnolia said to herself, attempting to get her X-Wing airborn, but the silver Storm Trooper had set up a squadron around her ship and they began to fire relentlessly on the aircraft before she could even make in 10 feet in the air. Magnolia sat in the smoldering ship trying desperately to think of a way to escape.

"Grab the pilot." She heard the silver Storm Trooper announce. She shrunk down in her seat as a group of Troopers began to climb onto the aircraft. As she shrank lower, she remembered something- the seat ejection. Maybe I can get out and run. Magnolia waited just long enough until she could see the Storm Troopers about to crack open the cockpit before she hit the eject button.

Around her, the Troopers went flying back at the blast. She was airborne in seconds. She looked down at the shrinking size of her enemies as she hurtled away. Magnolia cheered to herself, but then gravity began to kick in and she felt herself descending. Struggling to get her seatbelt off, she heard the group of Storm Troopers running to where she would be landing shortly. She grabbed her blaster out of the holster in her belt. I will not go down without a fight! She thought to herself.

Within seconds she was back on the ground sprinting away from the group chasing her.

"Fire at will!" said a voice not to far away from her.

She raised her blaster and turned her head, firing back at the troopers chasing her before they could fire at her. She saw one go down but the others continued. This caused her to pick up the pace. She felt the ache in her legs as she carried herself across the sandy terrain. The blood in her ears was pounding. Blasts from the guns behind her grazed by her body. As she ran towards the top of a dune preparing to roll down, Magnolia felt every muscle in her body freeze. She could not move, something was holding her firmly in place. Then she felt a searing pain in her skull, as if someone had lit her head on fire.

"Well, well, well." a deep voice said behind her. "The girl who can't be caught, finally in the hands of the First Order."

Storm Troopers formed a circle around her. Still unable to move, Magnolia looked with a limited range of vision at what was keeping her still. When she finally saw, she almost fainted in fear.

Kylo Ren was now circling her, keeping her firmly in place. "Where is your partner, girl?" he sneered. "The famous pilots of the Resistance always seem to travel together. Perhaps not."

The grip keeping her frozen was released and she fell to her knees on the ground. Quickly she was yanked up by the silver Trooper, a large blaster pressed firmly to her temple.

Magnolia tried to move, but the grip around her only tightened.

"Try to escape, and I will have Phasma use whatever force necessary to keep you still." Kylo Ren said now staring her down.

Magnolia looked up at her captor. He was extremely tall and menacing. His black robes whipped around in the wind. The air of his intimidation was working.

The voice of her fellow Resistance pilot, Poe Dameron, echoed in her mind. "Remember, what we're fighting for. Don't ever let any no-good First Order punk ever try to make you scared."

She stood up a little straighter, glaring back at her captor. "You gain nothing from holding me here. I have powerful friends. They will come for me. They will be here before you can do anything." Magnolia said confidently, pushing her fear aside.

"Is that so?" Kylo Ren said back. He turned his attention to Phasma. "Put her on the ship."

"What?!" Magnolias screamed out.

"Yes sir." Phasma said. "And what of the town?"

"What town? When I look out, all I see is the ashes of what once was civilization. That ought to remind the Resistance exactly who they're dealing with." Kylo Ren responded.

"No!" Magnolia shouted trying to lunge at him.

"On my mark!" Phasma yelled at her Troops as Kylo Ren stormed off. "Fire!"

Magnolia watched, horrified as the Storm Troopers began to openly fire on the town. More flames ignited as houses and tents exploded. She saw citizens being slaughtered mercilessly. Explosions went off all around her. As Phasma shoved her towards the ships, she saw the body of Lor San Tekka and a pool of blood on the ground. She let out an audible gasp as the silver Trooper continued to push her and she felt the tears streaming down her face as she was shoved onto a First Order ship.