"I really thought my cousin was a lot smarter than this," Josie said. "But Jesus, look at what he's doing."

"Mommy! Come outside!" Gabe cheered

I heard them leave and I sniffled. I finished getting myself dressed and wheeled myself outside. Frank looked over at me, his face falling in concern.

"C-can I talk to you?" I asked.

Frank nodded, wheeling me back to the bedroom.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked. "What happened?"

"I can't marry you," I whispered.

"Are you just nervous?" He asked. "Because it's okay to be nervous, I'm nervous too. I mean fuck, I'm actually getting married in just six weeks."

"I-I think we should break up," I whimpered.

"We've been dating for two and a half years, we're getting married in a week," he said. "Please tell me you're joking."

I shook my head and I saw his eyes water.

"Is it something I did?" He asked, his voice cracking. "I promise I can do better. I'll fix whatever's wrong. I can buy you a new wedding dress. I'll buy you an entirely new wedding if that's what you want."

"Can you help me pack a bag?" I asked quietly.

I was trying my hardest not to cry. I couldn't let Frank marry me, he'd just be throwing his whole life away.

"You know I would do anything to make you happy," Frank said. "I-Is this what you really want?"

I nodded and he let out a choked sob. Either way, he got up and packed a bag of clothes for me, making sure to include Casper and my paci.

"I want you happy, Gee, you know I always want you to be happy no matter what," Frank said. "A-and I just want you to know that I love you more than anything and you're always welcome back. And I-I love you so much, baby."

"Can you drive me to Ray's?" I asked quietly.

He nodded, helping me into his car. It was silent between us, other than the sound of Frank crying.

"I-Is it something I did?" Frank asked. "B-because I can change."

"It's not you," I whispered, looking out the window.

I had a lump in my throat that seemed to never leave. My eyes were burning but I forced the tears back. I couldn't cry, not when Frank was here, this is for his own good.

"W-we're here," he whimpered. "P-please don't leave me, baby."

I sniffled, shaking my head. I saw Ray step out onto the front porch, I had texted him on the way here. He was clearly very confused and concerned,

"C-can I please have one last kiss?" Frank asked.

I nodded, leaning over to press my lips to his. Frank's hand tangled into my hair as he kissed me desperately. I kissed back just as deeply, tears streaming down my cheeks. This was the exact spot in this same car where we had our first kiss. Now we were having our last kiss here too.

"I love you," Frank whispered.

Ray came over and grabbed my bag, helping me into the wheelchair. He pushed me inside his house and I looked back, seeing Frank sobbing in the front seat of his car. It broke my heart to see but I knew Frank would eventually move on and find someone else who was better than me and he would fall in love with them instead.

"Why, Gee?" Ray asked as soon as he shut the door.

"Frank deserves someone better," I said.

"He loves you, Gee, only you," Ray said. "He wants to be with you."

"But Frank never signed up for this," I said. "He never signed up for me being in a wheelchair and not getting sex and not getting children."

I sniffled, wiping my eyes.

"I love him and I want him to have better," I said quietly.

Ray didn't say anything as he pushed me to the bedroom on the first floor.

"I can go to Frank's tomorrow to pick up your other stuff," Ray offered.

I nodded, running my fingers through my hair.

"I want to take a nap," I mumbled.

Ray nodded, helping me into the bed. He left and I sniffled, hugging Casper. I sucked on my paci, tears running down my cheeks.

A little while later I heard the door open and someone walked in. Lindsey curled up beside me, wrapping her arms around me.

"You're getting married in a week," she whispered.

"N-not anymore," I whimpered. "I called the wedding off and we broke up."

"Why would you do that?" Lindsey asked. "Here, I'll call Frank and we can just talk this all out and then he can come pick you up and it'll be fine."

"N-no, you can't call him," I said. "I've made my decision and you can't change it, Linds. Thank you for caring but I already decided."

"You love him," Lindsey said. "You were the one who proposed. You were so excited for the wedding, you've been planning this for months. How could you just call it off?"

"I have to, Frank deserves better," I whispered.

"He wants to be with you," she said. "He likes taking care of you."

"He's giving up everything for me," I assist.

"Gee, just six days and you're getting married," she said.

"I'm not getting married anymore," I stated.

"Gee, come on, don't do this, he loves you, you love him," Lindsey said.

"I can't marry him," I said. "He deserves so much better."

"No he doesn't, Gee, you're perfect for him," he said.

I shook my head and she hugged me tight.

A week later and I was a sobbing mess. We were supposed to be getting married today but instead I was at Ray's, bawling my eyes out. I loved Frank so much but he deserved better.

"Gee, come on, lunch is ready," Ray said.

"I don't want it," I mumbled.

"Come on, you have to eat," he said. "We can go watch movies if you want."

I shook my head, sniffling as I crawled under my blanket. After a while I heard shouting outside. I got onto my wheelchair and pushed myself outside. Frank was there and he looked to be a mess. He sobbed, dropping onto his knees in front of me.

"Please take me back," Frank begged. "I-I need you."

I could smell the alcohol on him and I wiped away the little bit of white powder of cocaine on his nose.

"I-I need you," he sobbed. "Please, baby, please don't do this to me."

I cried, caressing his cheek gently. Frank laid his head down on my lap and I ran my fingers through his hair. He cried, clinging onto my skirt. He was shaking and crying.

"I need you," Frank sobbed. "Please, baby, please take me back. I-I can't live without you, I'll do anything you want. Please just don't leave me, baby."