Chapter 12

I sobbed as I woke up, sitting up in bed. I smelled urine immediately and burst into tears. I crawled out of bed, wishing Lindsey or Frank was here with me.

"Dad," I whined, pressing the button on the speaker next to the door. "Mikey, dad, someone?"

There was a pause and I bit my lip.

"What?" My dad asked.

"I had another potty accident," I sniffled. "You gotta clean my sheets, they're dirty."

He sighed and I stepped back as the door opened. A guard grabbed my arm, ensuring I wouldn't run as a maid came in with my dad to strip the bed.

"Why are you having nightmares?" My dad asked.

"It's all your fault," I said. "You shot Frank and you keep trying to kill him and it terrifies me. These nightmares are because of you. And you didn't even get me my diapers."

He didn't say anything as they walked out and locked the door. I sniffled, wiping away my tears. I took a quick shower, cleaning myself off. I got dressed into a pair of pastel pink shorts, a white t-shirt and a pair of white socks with ruffles around the ankles.

I walked out, jumping in fear when I saw someone on the floor. He was sitting on a picnic blanket and there was a basket beside him. He had red and black hair and was wearing a suit.

"Wh-who are you?" I asked nervously.

He looked up and smiled, standing up as he shook my hand.

"I'm Josh," he said. "I work for your dad. He wants to set us up on a date and since you can't leave I thought we can have a picnic in here."

Josh gestured to the picnic blanket and I shook my head.

"You don't want to?" He asked in confusion.

I shook my head again and he scratched the back of his neck.

"Why not?" He asked.

I held up my hand and he looked at the big engagement ring on my finger.

"You're getting married?" Josh asked and I nodded. "Well, congratulations but your dad will have my ass on a platter if I don't have this picnic with you so can we have a friend picnic?"

I hesitated for a minute before nodding. I sat on the blanket with him, glancing at the camera while he pulled out food.

"How long have you been working for my dad?" I asked.

"Not long, only about a week and a half," he said.

That would explain why he didn't know anything about Frank, he's new.

"So, who are you engaged to?" He asked.

"Frank Iero," I stated and his eyes widened. "He's really the nicest person I've ever met. He takes care of me and he loves me. He even offered to pay for my surgeries when he thought I was trans because I wanted boobs to hold up dresses. He supports me through everything and still chooses to stay with me even though our relationship is so difficult. He's been shot and nearly killed because of me, he's given up his entire business for me."

I don't know why but I felt the need to prove to him that Frank was a good guy. I didn't want people always thinking Frank was evil or something. He wasn't, he was amazing. I've never met someone as kind and as caring as him.

"Well, he doesn't sound so bad," Josh said. "Actually, your dad seems worse than him."

I dropped my cookie as I gasped excitedly.