+9+

Well this is just great, I'm stuck in a closet with the person I hate the most. I slide down the wall and sit on the ground as Nickel pounds the door yelling. Why did this have to happen? If I had never been like I used to be, none of this would've ever happened and I would've had a normal life. Nickel would never hate me, everyone would be fine with me, I could be happy. Once Nickel had stopped, I assume someone went to get help, I shifted my hands around in the awkward silence. I could tell Nickel was thinking. Probably about how hard he was gonna beat my ass later, I would if I were him. We sat there for about 3 minutes until Nickel got up again.

"Look, Balloon, I'm still going to hate you, but," He sighed, "I guess you can hang out with Suitcase." I look up at him, his eyes drifted away towards the door.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, just no funny business, alright? Don't mentally break her into some sort of slave or... something." He kind of snapped at me with that one, but it doesn't matter. All that matters is that he is actually letting me be friends with Suitcase! I just hope he doesn't change his mind. That's when the door opens and the janitor just looks at us and sighs.

"Not again, alright you two, go to class." It probably looks really weird from his perspective, two random teens in a closet, but oh well. I get up and start to walk out, but I stop and turn around.

"Hey, Nickel?" He looks at me with a blank expression.

"Thank you." And with that, I turn around and speed walk to my next class, knowing that I was late.