Carl Grimes: We all Have Demons

You kept your breathing slow and quiet trying to listen to any noise that your attackers had made but you heard nothing not since they threw you in the truck. So you had been sitting there cotton bag over your head listening to the faint growl of the wheels against the tarmac. You had been counting the seconds in your head, how close had you been to their base before they found you, it would help determine how far away you would have to run before you were safe. Twenty two minutes was the time at an average and pretty quick speed, twenty two minutes until the truck slowed and came to a stop. Your hands were tied behind your back you had tried to undo them but they were zip ties and strong ones at that, good news for you attacks and bad news for you because that meant they were used to capturing people. Before you even had prepared yourself two men jumped into the truck and pulled you out, you were about to kick up one hell of a fuss but you felt the barrel of a gun pressed to the back of your head. They marched you quickly forwards, your feet went from dirt to wooden floor. Then one of the men flung you over his shoulder and you ascended the stairs, before walking some more. Then he swung you down through the air and your back collided with soft material and you thought the worst.

The bag was pulled from your head and you took a moment to adjust your eyes, there was a bed to your left but what caught your eye was the man sitting opposite you. He was in a leather jacket and was sitting across from you in a far too relaxed manor.

"Well hello there" he said motioning for his men to leave the room.

You frowned in his direction not moving from the spot.

"What's your name then?" he asked pulling out a clip board. He began writing something down.

You said nothing, just looked form him to the bed with a disgusted expression on your face.

"No harm will come to you" he said, "As long as you are good" he finished with an unnerving smirk.

"What's your name?" you asked ignoring his comment.

"Negan. Inquisitive one aren't we" he said squinting at you then writing down some more.

"What do you want?" you asked tired and unnerved by this stupid game he was insistent on playing.

"If you don't keep your mouth shut missy then I will rain down hell on you" he said his voice and demeanour changing in an instant. Hs eyes like storm clouds.

"Sir I have been living in hell since the day that I was born, this is nothing more than a change of scenery" you finished your eyes hard and unyielding as you stared him down.

He looked at you long and hard but you didn't break eye contact with him.

"You're going to be promising" he said leaning back on his chair and breaking eye contact with you. "But you are a little too high spirited but don't you worry about that we shall soon break that down a little."

The look in his eyes set you on edge his moods changed too quickly for you to accurately work out how to deal with him. You had been up against every monster this world had to throw at you before and after the dead rose up to eat the living. You had been tortured in all ways possible and barely managed to avoid becoming a monster yourself, but there was something in this man's eyes that set your teeth on edge. Everyone you had ever met had wanted to break you spirit but this man wanted to raise you up, and stoke the hell fire that you had growing inside you and that scared you more than anything ever had. This man wanted to release your daemons.

He marched you back down the stairs and marched you along at a fast pace, he made sure you weren't blindfolded so you could see all the men he had at his disposal. You guessed he had done it to deter you from attempting to run away. But it didn't stop you from thinking about it, maybe running into the path of a hundred bullets would be a fate far better than the one that awaited you in the hands of this man. He was holding you at the top of your right arm and in such a way that you struggled to walk properly so there was no way you would be able to manure into a position to fight back, you just had to follow him.

Eventually after what seemed like an age he stopped at a door of what looked like some sort of motel, of course it was old and dilapidated but it had recently been reinforced. He raised his hand to the door and knocked before turning his head towards you and smiling. You didn't think an act as simple as a smile could send you into such panic but this man's smile did. The door opened slowly creaking sending shivers down your spine. After a lifetime a boy same age as you emerged from the dark room he had long hair that covered half of his face and he didn't make eye contact with the man.

"Here" said Negan "This one is for you just as I promised, try not to break her" And with that he forced you into the room shutting and locking you in the room with the boy.

You hand went to you hip your holster empty, fear rippled through you as you raised your arms in a defence position, that's when you realised that the boy hadn't moved. He wasn't even looking at you.

"Who are you?" you asked your heart pounding in your chest as waited for him to make a move.

He lifted up his head and looked at you his fringe covering his right eye and the other staring at you the icy blue of them chilling you to the bone. The he lifted his hand and you tensed preparing yourself for a fight, but his hand kept going up all the way to his fringe which he pulled out of his face. You froze at the grotesque sight in front of you, where his right eye should have been there was a gaping hole. Your breath hitched in your throat as you tried to tear your eyes away from the wound but you couldn't.

"My god that's disgusting" you said out loud before remembering the situation.

Your eyes flicked back to his one and your expression softened yet again, for he wasn't angry or about to beat the living daylights out of you. Instead there was a look in his eyes like no other you had ever seen so much pain and hurt that you almost burst into tear just looking at him. You didn't give a damn about the danger anymore he wasn't going to hurt you, but you still stepped forward with caution as confusion crossed his face. Then you pulled him into a hug and unexpected action that shocked him and you realised how badly you both needed some basic human interaction.

"Thank you" He whispered.

To be continued...