Carl Grimes: Spikes

Authors Note

This is another request so I hope you like it :)

Date: 19/2/2016

You and Carl had been split off from the group when you came across a massive herd of walkers since then the pair of you had found a small house in the forest to hold up in until you got word from Rick on the walkie-talkie.

"Come on Carl I feel like I'm doing all the work here" you said positioning another spike pushing it into the ground facing outwards away from the door.

"I'm keeping watch that herd could pass through here at any time" he replied turning back to you and smiling.

"Ok but if we do this together then we can get inside a lot faster meaning we have lees chance that the herd will pass by while we are still securing the cabin." You replied picking up another pole and hammering that into the dirt.

"Fine" he replied walking over to you and picking up a spike and hammering that one in. "I've had a look around at the windows they are all to high up for any of the walkers to reach let alone break in so we are going to be safe here as soon as we get these poles secured."

"Yeah and there isn't that long until nightfall so we better hurry up" you said looking up at the sky as it grew darker by the minute.

Half an hour later you were both finished and safely inside the house as the last of the daylight was chased away by the night. You walked over to the small single bed in one corner of the cabin as Carl made sure that if any walkers did get past the reinforcements that you had made outside, they wouldn't be able to get through the door. You sighed and sat down on the bed, it wasn't amazingly comfortable but it was better than the floor.

"Right, nothing is getting through that unless we want them to" he said walking over and sitting next to you.

"Good-"you were about to continue when you were interrupted by the sound of a large amount of walkers.

Looking at Carl wide eye, you both made your way to the window, as a sea of walkers spilled from the trees and walked right past the cabin. The pair of you had never been so close to such a large amount of walkers before, you could feel your heart beating fast. You took Carls hand a squeezed it, he turned to you and smiled.

"It's going to be ok" he whispered moving you away from the window and pulling you into a hug.

You buried you head in his chest and you felt his breath on the crook of your neck. He pulled away and you were again exposed to the cold night air.

"Come on let's get some rest he says walking over to the bed and laying down on it.

You walked over to it to and lay down next to him.

"Goodnight Carl."

"Goodnight Y/n"

The next morning you woke up to see Carl already untying the rope that had secured the door for the night, you smiled and stretched before getting up and going to help him.

"Morning you sleep well?" he asked turning to you smiling.

"Yeah I did" you replied with a blush looking away from him.

"So did I" he replied, you looked up at him a little shocked.

He just smirked and then walked out of the door after picking up the bag that you two had had. Outside it really looked like a herd had come through here, the grass was muddy and there were some walkers that were skewered on the spikes that you and Carl had put out the night before. You sighed looking at the place that had provided you safety for the night unwilling to leave. You watched as Carl stabbed the walkers that were skewered, you hadn't realised that you were staring at him until he cleared his throat.

"Come on then let's get going" he said smirking as you turned the colour of a tomato.

You were so embarrassed that you hadn't realised that he had stopped walking and turned around to face you, so you went and walked straight on into his chest.

"Sorry!" you said taking a step backwards as he smiled again. "What the hell do you find so god damn funny about me?" you asked your face flushing red again.

"It's not that you're funny" he said still smiling like an idiot.

"Well then what is it then?"

"I just think that you are adorable and cute" he replied taking a step closer to you.

You stood there a little shocked, then he closed the gap between you kissing you while wrapping his arms around you waist...