Carl Grimes: Somebody to Die For...

P.s. Read it with the music

You had been friends with Carl ever since he saved your life, right back at the start when this all happened. You smiled as you remembered the day you thought you were done for, walkers surrounding your car and then out of nowhere they just dropped, the car door opened and a blue eyed boy held out his hand and whispered run!

"What are you smiling about over there then?" asked Carl turning to you as you both walked through an abandoned street.

"Just thinking about that time you saved my life" you said elbowing him in the side.

"Well what can I say, I saw a damsel in distress and well I couldn't let someone as beautiful as you die at the hands of the walkers" he said smiling in your direction before wrapping his arm around you and pulling you to his side.

"Oh haha my knight in shining armour then aren't you" you replied wrapping your arms around his waist.

"Yeah and your my beautiful princess" he replied kissing your forehead.

Laughing you both continued down the road.

Suddenly a massive heard of walkers appeared at the end of the road metres from where you were standing passing in front of you in a seeming endless line. You and Carl stopped dead in your tracks as you watched in complete shock as they stumbled past you. The pair of you were so focused on the heard in front of you that you hadn't noticed that they were coming from all directions. Before you could react a walker came from behind you both and tackled you to the ground. Carl instantly jumped on the walker and then it managed to launch it's self at Carl.

"CARL!!!" you screamed as you watched him fall to the ground as the walker took a bite out of his shoulder.

You shot the walker as the walkers began to notice the two of you, grabbing Carl you half ran half staggered towards the nearest house dragging him with you. He groaned but soon came to his senses as he lent against the wall as you opened the door before grabbing him again and making your way upstairs to the most secure room you could think of, the bathroom. Holding back your tears you helped him in the room as he sat on the floor and rested his head against the bath. Closing the door and locking it you turned and fell to your knees beside him.

"Carl?! Carl talk to me" you said shaking him a little as he gazed at something behind you his expression blank.

Tears running down your face you looked at the bite, It was deep must have hurt a lot. Glancing back at his face you could see that his eyes were beginning to water. He seemed to stir from his trance and turn to you, noticing the tears and raising his hand to your face wiping them away with his thumb.

"Hey don't cry" he said his thumb stroking your face gently.

"How?" you said your voice breaking as you lent into his hand.

"I don't know" he said the tears finally spilling down his face now as he smiled weakly.

"Please don't leave me I can't do this without you" you sobbed as you could see him growing weaker by the second.

"Yes you can" he replied running his thumb across your lips now.

"No please don't leave me I Carl... I need you" you begged taking his hand. 

"There's nothing I can do" he replied ducking his head down trying to hide his tears form you. He looked back up "I just want you to know there's no one I would rather die for"

"Carl no don't say that" You said even though you knew that this was the end for him.

"You're so beautiful" he said smiling up at you no longer hiding the tears spilling from his eyes

"Carl..." you said unable to form words.

"I would give everything ive ever had if i could just have one more day with you, if I could hold you in my arms just one last time and tell you how I feel about you" he whispered growing weaker by the second.

"Oh Carl" you said fresh tears pouring down your face as your heart ached with dread sadness and longing for him.

"Its funny how terrible things can make you see the world so much more clearly..." he said his voice no more than a whisper now. "I love you Y/n am I'm so sorry I never had the guts to tell you just how much you mean to me, or just how much your smile lights up even my darkest day" he said wiping away a tear from your face with his thumb.

You couldn't hold back any-more and you let out a sob.

"I love you too Carl" you replied.

"That's good" he said with a small smile before his hand dropped from your face and his head fell to the side.

"Carl? Oh god no Carl!" you sobbed holding his hand to your face and kissing it gently. you pulled his head onto your lap and gently rocked his body, holding him in your arms just one more time. before taking out your knife and with shaky hands and blurred vision you set him free...

***

Authors Note

I'm sorry if this made you cry and I'm also sorry I've been gone for so long writers block really sucks but I hope this one is ok if you think it is then please don't forget to comment and vote.

Date: 26/1/2016

I really am sorry I just made myself cry reading back over this checking for mistakes and adding a little more to the ending. With the song it just... ahhhhh the feels.

I love you guys! Xx

Date: 07/7/2016