Carl grimes: End of the Line

Your heart beat in your chest as gunshots echoed outside, it had been three days since you had arrived at Terminus. At first it looked amazing, a real place for people to go and be safe away from the horrors of this world but it wasn't. Just moments after you arrived here, they threw you into this container and you had been here for the past 3 days, with the people bringing you one meal a day.

However, about twenty minutes ago there had been an almighty explosion. After that gun fire that hadn't stopped since, it was getting closer to the container. You thought about your options, it was either the people of terminus fighting against the people that had decided to attack this place or the people that had attacked this place. So the people the people outside were either termites or other people.

You sighed before standing up; you had a better chance out there than you did in here regardless of who let you out. So you began banging on the door of the container hoping that someone would hear you and praying that the walkers wouldn't.

Five minutes later you thought you heard a voice on the other side and you stopped bashing your fists to listen. There it was again someone saying something.

"I'm going to open the door but if you attempt to hurt me I will shoot you" said a rather muffled voice from the outside.

"I won't I promise, just please don't leave me to these people" you begged loosing all sense of composure and hoping that whoever was on the other side would show you mercy.

A few painful seconds later you heard the bolt locking you in slowly sliding back, the door swung open and the person spoke again.

"Step out slowly with your hands up" said the voice who you could now determine was someone of a similar age to you.

Squinting your eyes at the harshness of the light you stepped out of the container momentarily blinded by the sun. But after a few moments your eyes connected with your saviour. He was a boy of similar age to you with beautiful blue eyes and a sheriff hat, his scruffy hair peaking out from underneath. He looked just as shocked as you were.

"Come on, we can't stay here it's not safe" he said shaking his head and looking around the corner of the container.

"I'm Y/n," you said picking up a gun and looking around the corner with him.

"I'm Carl," he replied signalling for you to follow him.

The both of you crouched down and ran behind the cover of a car.

"So what the hell happened here?" you asked looking around at the utter chaos that was going on.

Walkers were now inside the perimeter, and a hell of a lot of them at that.

"There was an explosion, and my dad and a few of the other people in my group got free and went and freed the rest of us. We are all now heading towards the woods, well that was where I was going when I found you." he said looking for a clear place to run through the walkers to the fence which surrounded the place.

"Come on you" said picking up your gun and killing any walker in your path as you both made your way to the fence.

You and Carl clambered over it and as soon as you were safe on the other side the pair of you collapsed in a heap.

"Wow that was pretty cool what you did back there" said Carl trying to catch his breath.

"Weren't to bad yourself pretty boy" you replied laying on the ground your limbs spread out like a starfish breathing hard.

"So how the hell did you end up in there?" he asked as you got to your feet.

"Same way as you I guess, lured in by false promises of safety then locked up in one of those containers. I had a friend he..." you trailed of as a lump formed in your throat.

"Yeah, same happened to us" he said standing up and looking at you with concern. "Are you ok?"

Before you could answer some people came running out of the trees.

"Carl!" yelled a man.

"Dad," yelled Carl running to hug the man.

All the people started greeting each other and being happy, you watched. You were about to walk off when Carl came running back over to you.

"Hey dad this is Y/n I wouldn't have made it out of there without her" he said as the man walked over to you.

"I'm Rick and thank you for helping my son" he said with a relieved expression as he gave you a friendly pat on the shoulder.

"We got out together, he helped me as much as I helped him" you replied with a small smile.

"Do you have any family or friends left in there, anyone you need any help to go and get?" he asked.

"No not anymore" you replied looking down at the ground.

"What happened?" asked a girl with dark brown hair short hair.

"Didn't you see, they eat people, they ate my friend he was good. They were going to take me but. Do you think that they will survive this?" you asked turning to the guy called Rick.

You looked at each member of the group they each had the same sad expression on their face. You had seen it on many adults throughout the apocalypse. It was them feeling sorry for you, sorry that you will never have the childhood that they had.

"No I don't think they will survive this, I hope it hurts, I hope they die in pain for all our sakes and for all the people that we have lost to these monsters" he said sternly looking back at Alexandria as the distant screams became less and less.

Carl stood beside you and gave you a small smile before taking your hand in his.

"It's going to be ok, you are safe now" he whispered.

"If you want to you can join us" said Rick as you turned your attention back towards the group.

"Ok, I suppose it beats being alone" you replied with a smile thankful that you didn't have to go out and face the apocalypse on your own.

"Well I'm going to have to ask you three questions, answer correctly then you will be one of us"

You smiled at Carl who smiled back blushing a little bit; you looked at him and couldn't help but feel hopeful, something that you never thought that you would feel again. But these people these people would give you a new start.

"OK, ask away" you said turning back to Rick...

***

Authors note

I'm not sure about this one it's kind of all over the place XD

If you liked it don't forget to vote and comment and maybe drop me a follow

Love you guys Xx <3