Carl Grimes: Just Friends

Creeping along the pavement you made your way back to the house you were staying in making sure to make as little noise as possible and keeping low to the bushes. It was night time and it was incredibly dangerous to be outside but Carl needed some medical supplies if he was to last the night so you went looking in the nearby houses for anything that could be of use luckily after about an hour of looking you came across someone's long abandoned camp inside the living rooms of one of the houses with a few essential first aid gear along with some pain killers. Now you were heading back to the house that you had left Carl in hoping that he was still ok, you were now nearing the back of the house all you had to do is run across a metre gap where the gate to the front garden should be. The only problem was that there were walkers gathered in the road at the front and if one of them noticed you running across then you and Carl would be screwed. Peeking out from your hiding place you saw that the coast was clear enough for you to make your leap across and get back to Carl.

You made it...just. You clambered up onto the back porch and walked quietly towards the back door, opening it and stepping inside. You came face to face with the barrel of a gun.

"Jesus Y/n you scared the hell out of me" said Carl lowering the gun the minute he realised you were the one he was pointing it at.

"Carl! What the hell are you doing up and out of bed?" you said grabbing his hand as he was noticeably wobbling.

"Well you know I was passed out and then when I came around you were gone: bag, gun missing, I thought you had left...me" he replied as you laid him down onto the sofa bed in the living room.

"No Carl I would never abandon you one because I care about you your my best friend and don't want you to die because that cut on your arm got infected and two if I went back without you your dad would kill me." You said opening your bag and pulling out the bandages.

"Ha-ha" he said.

"Ha-ha yourself. Now I don't think you're going to need stitches but we need to bandage it up to prevent the infection getting any worst along with you need to drink lots of water and you need to take these tablets to help get rid of the infection." You said holding his arm in your hand and inspecting the wound.

"Sounds like a plan" he said turning his head to look at what you were doing.

You began to bandage the cut trying to be as gentle as possible but you could see he was trying to hide the pain from you as you placed the protective pad over the cut which was covered in antiseptic gel you saw him bite his lip and then clench his jaw as he flung his head back.

"I'm sorry Carl but this means that it will heal nicely" you said wrapping the bandages around it too keep it in place. "There you go all done."

You picked up your gun and started looking around slowly making your way towards the window.

"Hey where are you going?" asked Carl.

"I'm not going anywhere, someone has to keep watch" you said looking out the window but positioning yourself in a way that no one or nothing could see that you were standing at the window.

No you don't there's only one door into this room if you close it and put a chair against the handle then nothing can get in and if they tried we would have enough time to react before they came in. you can just pull the curtains then we could both get some sleep. You need it the most you haven't slept for two days straight I don't think that you're going to be able to stay up a third and still be able to help me out of this place and back to Alexandria in the morning. And well this beds big enough for the both of us." he said.

You knew he was making a valid point and the bed looked really comfortable.

"Ugh I guess it won't hurt to rest my eyes for a little while" you sighed walking over to the bed resting your gun within arm's reach and then climbing into the bed next to Carl.

He turned to face you.

"So this is new" he said as you turned to face him so you were both lying on your side face to face "We don't usually get much time alone"

"No the walkers always seem to get in the way I wonder if the walkers have cleared from inside Alexandria?" you asked.

"I don't know I wonder how many have survived it I know some didn't" he said

"I wonder if my mum..." you couldn't finish your sentence as the thought of her being ripped apart by the walkers flooded you mind.

"Hey it's ok she's a survivor she will be fine she's probably worrying about you right no hauled up in a house somewhere." He replied pulling you into a hug.

You snuggled into his chest it providing warmth and a feeling of being safe. After a little while you both fell asleep.

You were awoken by sun shining through the windows straight onto where you were sleeping you both yawned and opened your eyes to see three figures standing in front of the pair of you. Your eyes adjusted and then you saw Rick, Carol and Daryl standing in front of you each with a smile on their face.

"Come on wake up you two little love birds" said Daryl as the three of them tried to hold back a laugh.

Carl began to wake up and jumped at the sight of his dad standing in front of him.

"Come on you two have to move out in an hour" Said Rick as the three of them left the room.

The both of you fell back into the bed laughing.

"Well there goes or time alone" you said going to get up when Carl pulled you back down.

"No my dad said we had to move out in an hour... we could do a lot in an hour" he smiled...

***

Authors Note

I found another gif of his arm muscles he should roll his shirt sleeves up more often ;)

I cant believe how far these imagines have come there's 7.9K reads that's just amazing thank you all so much for taking the time to read my book :)

Date: 02/1/2016

Wow to think what, six months ago this book hadn't even reached 10k reads and now its just hit 60k. Its completely unreal 60,000 reads..!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! <3 Xx

Date: 07:7/2016