~~Symphony #20: Affettuoso ~~

***

Natsumi Fujishima paces around in the waiting room, twirling a fan in her fingers.

"Dear, you've been pacing like that for almost half an hour," Kazuko sighs exasperatedly. "Will you please stop?"

"No, not until I know she's alright!" She argues. "I don't understand! She's been doing so well! But just only recently--!"

Kazuko grasps her arm, effectively stopping her. She eases into him but still hasn't relaxed into his touch yet.

"It isn't fair, Kazuko," she whispers. "It just isn't fair!"

"I know," he matches her tone. "Just calm down, dear. We need to prove to Kanade that we're strong... just like she is."

"Right," she shudders, wiping at her eyes. "you're right, dear. Sorry for acting so silly. I just --"

"It's not silly," he mutters, burying his face against her hair. "It's not your fault either."

"It feels like it is," she whispers. He only brings her closer to him, once he hears a soft whimper escape from her lips. "Just... why her?"

He stiffens at the question. Because, if he answered it, he'd break down right then and there too.

"She's going to be just fine, Mrs. Fujishima," the doctor says with a tight lipped smile. "She's just overly stressed. Just give her a few more days of rest and she'll be good as new!"

"Yeah, you say that now but if it happens ag--!" She argues furiously but Kazuko cuts her off before she can do anything drastic.

"Thank you so much!" Kazuko bows respectfully.

"It's no trouble at all, Mr. Fujishima," the doctor bows back. "I'll go check if it's okay for her to have visitors."

"Please do!"

They're left in silence once more.

"How did everything go so wrong in just one day?" Natsumi whispers. He isn't dure if he's meant to hear her or not.

"It's mostly my fault, Mrs. Fuhishima," a quiet voice startles them.

"Suoh-kun!" the fujishima parents exclaim in unison.

"I'm sorry for barging in so suddenly," Tamaki bows to them. "I'm a friend of your daughter!"

"Oh really?" Natsumi asks, she eyes him up and down, covering half her face with her fan. "because I see something entirely different."

"No, no!" Tamaki protests quickly. "It's nothing like that at all! I think of her as my sister! A sister!"

"Don't frighten the poor boy, dear," Kazuko can't help but grin despite the heavy feeling threatening to burst from his chest and throat. "He came to see her after all."

"Hmmph. Don't think I don't know what you're doing, Suoh-kun," Natsumi says from behind her fan, she leans closer towards him which makes him sweat and back away slowly. "Nope, you only have your good looks and princely charm. You're not right for my daughter."

Tamaki makes a strange grunting noise before heading towards his corner of woe.

"Isn't that just a little harsh, dear?" Kazuko asks, sweat dropping at the sobbing blond.

"I only speak the truth," Natsumi says, fanning herself. "Just like you know Ootori-san, I know Suoh-kun, and he turned out exactly like his father."