~~Symphony #11: Forte~~

"I hear there's a new host club member!"

"I wonder what he's like?"

"Don't you know? It's the commoner that got in with a scholarship!"

It's all she's been hearing about this morning. She frowns, turning towards the group of girls who were standing in the hallway, talking excitedly. Who's this so called commoner they're talking about? She shakes her head and continues walking past them. After all, they were only rumors. It's nothing she has to concern herself with.

☆☆☆

When she opens the doors to music room three after school, after being greeted by seven boys instead of six, she finds that she needs to eavesdrop more often.

"I can't believe you actually got Haruhi Fujioka to join your club!" Aya swoons. "How hard was it to convince him?"

"It wasn't hard at all actually," Kyoya grins, peering up at them from behind his laptop. "He was just as eager to join."

"Wait, so the rumors are true, Kyo-kun?" she frowns.

"Of course they are," Kyoya replies. "How have you not heard of... him? He's the most talked about in the school. "

"I've been a bit preoccupied lately," she curses his ability to make her blush and make a fool of herself.

"I see," he hums.

So that's why he's been in a good mood lately.

"But why would he join?" she catches herself asking before she could stop herself. "Don't you have enough club members already?"

"Let's just say, he's in the same predicament as you," Kyoya smiles.

But she catches that small flare of purple aura around him. Oh, that poor commoner.

Then she notices him.

He already has customers waiting for him and they were listening to what he was saying with rapt attention with blushes on their cheeks. His bangs reach his brown eyes which which were shining with a hint of sadness and longing.

He's... oddly adorable and currently being crushed underneath one of Tamaki's bear hugs. Their height differences made her lips quirk up slightly, especially with how easily Tamaki is able to pick the boy up. Fujioka's faces turns a sickly green, like he just might barf all over the floor.

"You okay there, Kanade-chan?" Aya's voice startles her. She whirls around in her chair, about to protest and defend herself, but catches the sly look in her friend's eyes. "You're a bit red."

"No, no, I'm fine!" she says, fast and flailing her hands around. "I was just... admiring the scenery!"

"Sure, you were," Aya sing songs. She smiles smugly behind her cup of tea. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you have a crush on someone."

She deflates, slouching in her seat. Was it that obvious?!

"Ah, please excuse me again ladies, " Kyoya slides his seat over and abruptly stands up, startling the two. "I better go make sure our new host is properly settled into the club. He seems to be doing quite well, don't you think?"

He smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.

Kanade frowns at him. She's unsure why he's so hostile all of a sudden when he seemed to be in a good mood before.

"It's alright, Kanade-chan!" Aya giggles. "You shouldn't worry so much!"

She's been worrying ever since she entered the world.