~~ Symphony #4: Molto Allegro~~

Unfortunately, she doesn't go back to the host club the next day. Her practice ran a bit later than usual because some kid had the nerve to talk back to their instructor. While it's not a difficult piece, her hand was aching by the time class was over. She's use to the ache. She just needs to relax by her favorite tree until her driver comes and she'll be good as new.

When she gets there, her hopes of relaxing vanish when she sees Ootori again. He's invading her peaceful, private spot. Is this going to become a regular thing now? She hopes not.

"Hello, Ootori-san," she smiles politely as she walks toward him. Ootori glances at her direction and nods his head in acknowledgment. "Nice to see you again."

"Likewise," he answers.

"Can I help you?" She asks and winces. She sounds like one of those employees that pester their customers into buying something.

"It's come to my attention that you didn't come to the host club this afternoon," he replies.

"How many days do you expect me to go to the host club?" she squeaks.

"You did almost break every bone in my back, after all," he says it so casually that she almost believes that he wouldn't care if he got an injury. "That would've taken a full month of recovery or it could've been permanently broken. You were lucky that it was only a minor injury."

Her eye twitches again. Is he implying that she's fat? She has a suspicious feeling that his back was fine.

"Ootori-san?" she calls. He hums in reply. "Why did you choose now to talk to me? You never made an effort before."

A gentle breeze ruffles their hair as she waits for his answer.

"Perhaps I just felt like it," he shrugs his shoulders. He pushes his glasses further up the bridge of his nose with his index finger. "Or perhaps it's because this fanfic is supposed to be a romantic dramedy and the author has no idea what she's doing."

She raises her eyebrows at his odd behavior, "What?" she asks, taken aback.

"Never mind," Ootori smiles. Did he know something she didn't? "I just had a theory, is all."

She doesn't trust him. She watches as he gets up and walks toward the school again, probably back to the host club.

"Wait, Ootori-san!" she calls to him and he pauses in his tracks to glance back at her, a bit annoyed. "You never mentioned that the twins were in your club."

"I wasn't aware you had history with them," Ootori shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't personally," her voice wavers as she clutches the violin case closer to her lap like a security blanket. "but I know someone who does."

"If they bother you that much then don't designate them," Ootori tells her. "It's as simple as that. Though I'd like to inform you that Hikaru and Kaoru have changed a lot since middle school. They're not like how they used to be."

"Right..., maybe I am being silly, " she sighs. She'll just have to deal with it for now since she won't be getting off the hook anytime soon. "See you tomorrow then."

Ootori bows respectfully, "I look forward to seeing you there."

She bets he's just saying that for the sake of politeness.

She stares after him even though he's already gone through the front entrance.

☆☆☆

"Mother, I need some advice," Kanade says, shifting her feet slightly as she pokes her head through the doorway to her mother's office on the first floor.