19

chase —

THE SUN shined on my dorm room window, causing me to open my eyes, yawning and rubbing them at the same time.

"Morning Chase, ready for another hectic day?" Alistair asked from the bed beside me, he too just woke up.

"Always am. Though I'm not really sure how I can handle this much drama everyday." I replied, grinning.

"I totally agree, the people here are really crazy, maybe crazier than Wonderlanians." Alistair chimed out.

I glanced at him weirdly. No one could ever be as weird as the Wonderlanians.

"Ok no one could be that weird as us," he shrugged "but hey, you gotta love the people here."

"True. True." I replied back.

"Hey, it's the second day of rehearsals. This time you're going to be in the scenes Chase. You up to it? It's going to be filled with Darlase shippers screaming all around you and Darling." Alistair says, smiling wide as he did so.

I groaned. "You know about Darlase too?!"

"Who doesn't man?" Alistair laughs "The news and shipping rates of you too are high up the charts! I'm not going to be surprised if the news reaches the whole place of Ever After by probably tomorrow."

"Jeez the whole school practically lives on gossip. Man, I think I'm not going to be surprised as well." I reply back as I thought of all the screaming people who shipped Darlase.

"But oh well, you got a good catch. Darling eh?" Alistair says as he winks at me.

I instinctively blush out of nowhere. "Jeez now you too? In the name of fairy godmother, she and I are just friends."

"I know I know but still, as your best bud, it's hard not to tell you have gotten feelings for her." Alistair replied back as he hopped out of bed, instantly preparing himself.

"W-w-what?" Shock immersed in my features.

Alistair snorted as he went inside the bathroom, closing the door. "Dude, like I said, I'm your best bud, it's not hard to tell when you're crushing on someone. You two already act like an official couple. I mean, the matching hoodies? That's kinda like a big thing already." he says in the bathroom.

I hopped out of my bed as well, rummaging a hand through my already messy black and red hair.

"Well to be honest, I actually have some feelings for her. But I'm not ready to confess yet, I'll do it when the time is right. For now, it's still early man. Confessing now might ruin our friendship and I don't want that." I admitted.

Silence followed after I finished my statement.

Then, a shriek?! followed after.

"HA I KNEW IT! OH MY FAIRY GODMOTHER IM LITERALLY SO EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR YOU!!!" Alistair screamed in the bathroom.

I looked at the bathroom door weirdly and started laughing. "Dude you sound so much like a girl!"

The bathroom door burst open and in trudged Alistair, his hair messy and wet, a towel hanging around his waist as he grinned. Jeez, he sure bathes fast.

"Oh well, this is news man. Can't help it." he replied, still grinning as he walks towards his closet, throwing it open and me going to the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

"Just don't tell anybody!" I yelled in the bathroom.

"Sure man, even though it's going to take all my willpower not to say it to anyone but hey, that's what friends are for." was the last thing I head from Alistair as I opened the shower.

• • •

AFTER ALISTAIR and I had done preparing ourselves for the day, we immediately headed off to the auditorium for the official second day of rehearsals.

As we neared the entrance, Alistair and I could see Ashlynn Ella and Briar Beauty at the front doors, both holding some sort of broom?

"Hello girls," Alistair started "what do you guys have there?"

Ashlynn and Briar both glanced at us then to each other and nodded. "Well you see, people who aren't part of this play actually want to go in when we're practicing and you guys know that is a big no-no. So we got guarding duty today." Briar explains as she checks out her newly painted hot pink nails.

I widened my eyes. "People are actually that crazy enough to barge in here?"

Ashlynn nods "Which is why we both best be prepared at all times. Briar and I have first duty now but we'll swap with Meeshell Mermaid and Justine Dancer later."

Alistair laughs. "Well, we wish you all the good luck in there girls."

Both girls grinned. "Oh we better need it! Now come on, you guys better go inside now."

Then with that, the daughter of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty ushered us both inside, quickly shutting the door after them.

"Well well well, do you guys like the new security?" a familiar voice rang.

"It's certainly over the top." I replied to the grinning Darling Charming.

"Jeez, the people really need to calm themselves down. Don't they realize that they're just going to see the whole play soon?" Darling complained as she pats her hair, which was in a messy bun today.

"They're just that excited I guess." I replied sheepishly.

A cough sounded; we both turned to look at Alistair who was grinning widely.

"Come on lovebirds, we better start rehearsing!" He says as he grins and walks off.

Darling and I turned together at the same time and blushed. But nevertheless, we quickly followed him towards the stage, to begin our second day rehearsals.

--

sorry for the delay, lifes been tiring as hell. sorry for the crappy chapter too, I'll put the second day rehearsals at the next chap.