13

AS CHASE and I entered the café, the scent of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, it's bitter aroma smelt addicting and vaguely satisfying. The café was busy, which I guess wasn't a surprise. Lots of people were drinking their coffees peacefully some were chatting and drinking at the same time, others were typing away in their laptops, with their coffee placed beside them.

Chase and I walked together to the counter to order our drinks. The cashier looked at us with a smile.

"So what would the cute couple want to order?" He asks happily.

I was about to defy the motion made by the cashier when Chase spoke up "one mocha cappuccino and the other, chocolate with strawberries on top."

Shock invaded my features, "how'd you know that chocolate with strawberries were my favorite?"

Chase smiled mischeviously and shrugged "Just a guess."

I glanced at him, unbelieving while he just continued smiling.

"That would be $54.25" The cashier announces, typing on the cash register.

Before Chase can pull out his wallet, I already pulled mine out, breaking our intertwined hands in the process and handed the cashier the money.

After giving me the change, we got our drinks and sat down on a free table.

"You really shouldn't pay for the drinks, Darling. It should be my job." Chase states as he sips his drink.

"I think it's my turn to return the favor back at the store, right?" I said, smiling playfully.

He smiles. "I guess that makes sense."

"So," I started as I sip on my drink "How is Ever After High?"

"It's great." he answers immediately. "the people are so nice there. To be honest, not what I expected."

I laughed, which startled him "And why is that so?"

"Wonderland High never had much nice people and majority were stuck ups and judgmental people. I thought Ever After High was the same but I guess not." he admitted.

"I guess one must not always jump to conclusions, huh?" I reply as I took a strawberry and ate it, the sweet yet bitter taste invading my taste buds.

Chase nods. "How about you?"

"What about me?" I ask.

"How is Ever After High?"

"Like you said, not what I expected. It appears this school doesn't treat you differently than other people whether you are royalty or not. That's what I like it here, people treat each other as equals rather than treating the others as either lower class or higher class." I reply.

"Ever After High sure is one extraordinary school." Chase muses.

"Agreed." I reply, smiling.

Chase smiles back and my heart flutters. WHAT.

"Oh hey guys!" A familiar voice was heard.

Chase and I turned to look at Rosabella, who had a mischevious smirk on.

The daughter of the Beauty and the Beast looked stunning as always. Bella wore simple red summer dress and a pastel yellow cardigan with cute red flats.

"Hey Rosabella." Chase replied, waving his hand.

"Hi Bella." I replied, looking at her with confusion. Where's Daring?

Bella saw the confused look on my face and answers "He went to buy us drinks."

I then nod.

"Soooo.." she drawled out "what are both of you doing here?"

"Drinking coffee, duh." I reply, smirking.

Bella rolls her eyes and replies "let me rephrase that. Why are you guys here at the coffee shop together?"

Chase immediately explains what happened during the store and how we ended up here. He excluded the part where we were holding hands though.

PANG.

"Aww that is so cute! Matchy hoodies for the cute duo!" Rosabella cooed as she grinned brightly.

I blushed while Chase just smiles at me.

"Ro, here's your drink — oh hey Chase, my man! Ooh baby sister! What are you doing here with Chase?" Daring had arrived.

"They spent the day together, love!" Rosabella says squealing.

"Awww. They make a cute couple, Ro-bear." Daring cooed.

"Would you please stop referring to each other such unnerving nicknames? Yuck." I say as I did the shaking my hands ew motion.

Chase laughed. "Jeez Dar, that's normal for them."

"NICKNAMES!" Rosabella squeaked as she and Daring smiled at each other then to us.

"You guys would make a cute couple." He mused.

"Okay Chase, we've finished our drinks. Come on." I grabbed Chase's hand as I dragged him out the café.

"Alright! Alright! Bye Rosabella, Daring!" Chase yells at the couple.

They waved and smiled at us as we depart.

Once we were out, I sighed. Jeez Bella can be pretty annoying but hey, I love her as my best friend forever after.

"Well that was an eventful day." Chase remarks as he raises up our intertwined hands then placing it down.

"Definitely." I say, feeling exhausted to even break our joined hands.

"Let's go back to Ever After High, alright?" Chase asks as he looks at me.

"Sure. That'll be great." I say tiredly as I leaned on his shoulder as we walked, placing my weight on his side.

Then with that, we walked towards back the academy, smiling as we thought of this really eventful day.

What's happening to me? Do I like Chase? Oh my fairy godmother. I do.

I like Chase Redford.