Chapter 8 Rembering Our Past

Start from the beginning

It was quite for a moment. All (F/N) could seemingly do was gaze at you. You hoped you sounded convincing. Then at last (F/N) sighed almost defeated.

"Well, I think working from 12 to 6 is taking a toll on you. I just-" (F/N) hesitated in what (he/she/they) wanted to finish that sentence with.

"I worry about you (Y/N), and when ever you come home from working you always seem so on edge." (F/N) slouched (his/her/their) shoulders.

"You don't have to worry about me you know, I can take care of myself! Besides when we decided to move out together and go half on the rent I told you I'd be taking care of you." You tried to lighten the mood, smiling at (F/N) as (he/she/they) slowly brought their gaze up to meet yours seeming almost sad.

"We promised to take care of each other you dork." (F/N) gently nudged your shoulder with (his/her/their) shoulder with a slight smile. You let out a faint laugh at the action.

"Yeah yeah, but out of the two of us I always take care of you!" You joked a bit laughing along side (F/N) who seemed to be feeling a bit better. The laughter died down and the sound of the heavy rain seemed to grow louder as the two of you sat in silence before (F/N) sucked in a breath.

"I'm only worried about you (Y/N). You're like one of my best friends. I just don't want you to over work yourself okay? And don't do anything dangerous or life threatening." (F/N) seemed so serious as (he/she/they) spoke and all you could do was force a smile.

"I won't, I'll be fine you don't need to worry." You felt like that was a lie. A horrible lie but you had to say it. You had gotten yourself tangled in a web of helping your old friends that you couldn't say no now. Though it's not as if they all would force you to stay. But you wanted to help.

(F/N) seemed to be satisfied enough with your words and pushed (him/her/them)self up off the couch gazing down at you with a light hearted grin.

"Okay well I'm gonna head to bed now, just remember you can always talk to me okay?" (F/N) looked down at you with worry still in (his/her/their) gaze. You felt horrible for lying for being unable to tell the truth. But you knew that it had to be like this. That this was the only way to uncovering the real truth and saving your friends.

"Okay, thanks for the pep talk (F/N). Get some good sleep!" You called after (F/N) as (he/she/they) left the living room to go to their room. You could hear the faint laughter and let out a soft breath gazing down at your (F/W/D) feeling that it was cold now.

May as well get ready for work.

You sighed heavily at the thought, but stood up nevertheless. Making a pit stop to the kitchen to dump the cold contents of your former drink down the drain, you then went to go get dressed in your uniform. Time to go back for another night.
        __________________________

What am I doing?

You frowned deeply at yourself as you drove your car, listening to the faint noises of the outside world from inside. Your tires splashed some puddles as you sped on by and the only real comforting noise was the sound of your AC.

The conversation with (F/N) still was replaying inside your head. Over and over again. Maybe you said the right things to keep (him/her/them) from worrying but you still felt terrible for lying.

It's what they would of wanted me to do.

You sighed deeply feeling your car coming to a pause as the lights over head became red. Did you do everything right? Is this all going to be worth it in the end? What will the gang think of your decision? You felt your grip tighten on the steering wheel at the thought.