'The Star-Touched Queen' Review

I was taken away by Roshani Chokshi's Star-Touched Queen. The words are so intricately and carefully placed. The plot is filled with mystery and suspense, forcing the reader to keep turning the pages. The characters are lively and intriguing.

The word choice is amazing. The words aren't difficult to understand, but at the same time, they create the mood of the scenes. The way regular routines are explained is unique and captivating.

The plot is mysterious and suspenseful. I can see some people saying the story is slow, but the mysteries that encircle the reader makes it difficult to keep your eyes off the page. The Star-Touched Queen is the first book I've been so enchanted by in a while.

The characters were realistic and relatable. Since much of the story is inspired by Indian mythology, reincarnation is a large element of the book. I've always loved mythology-inspired stories and this book met my hopes. Many of the characters themselves are mythological creatures.

Challenges everyday people encounter are included in the main character's internal struggles. Mayavati worries about her effect on others, struggles with accepting the flaws of those she loves, and being confident of her own decisions. Sound familiar?

I loved The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi, especially its word choice, plot, and characters. If you enjoy advanced vocabulary, intriguing plots, or realistic characters, I highly recommend this book. Even if you don't and you just need a story to read, try The Star-Touched Queen. 

Reviewer: Darcy Hongyue