Introduction [CLOSED to requests]

[Note: if you need a review urgently, this is not the shop for you. While I do take my time with my commenting and I do promise to read all chapters you request me to review, but it will take time.]

Currently reading 1/1 requests

Wait List:

Welcome to HurdleAProblem's book review shop. Here you may find book reviews of stories requested by our reader and authors, reviews given as a prize for winning a contest or challenge, or reviews of books the admins recommend.

There will be a form for those who want to request a book for reviewing. We prefer stories that have a main plot of hurdling a problem. If the book you're requesting is written by someone else, please contact the author to make sure it's okay for us to review their book.

Note: A review consists of honest thoughts on a book and is directed towards readers. A critique also consists of honest feedback on a book but is directed towards the writer. We do both reviews and critiques. Generally, we start with a critique, which will be left in the comments section of your book, and then we write the review, which will be posted here and possibly on Sunlake's review website.

If you want to submit us a review of a Wattpad book, there will be a form for that as well.

How It Works

1. You send in your form.

2. An admin will let you know if your request is approved.

3. Your story will be reviewed/critiqued.

Notes about reading (a.k.a. how to know when I will be reading your story):

-I read two books at a time.

-I will read about 1-2 chapters of each book every week.

-Also, please remember that I am human and sometimes I need breaks. I try to keep my breaks to one week, but they may be longer. Please be patient. I want to give your story the attention it deserves and I can't do that if I'm overwhelmed.

-If you remove your book from Wattpad while it is still on the waiting list, then you will have to fill out another application to get another book reviewed. Also, only submit one application at a time.

-If you remove your book before the sections you requested to be critiqued have been finished, your book will be reviewed up to that point, but you may not request another book to be critiqued/reviewed instead. You can, of course, apply again for another book. (Ex. You request for me to read a book you wrote titled Book One, but then you take Book One off of Wattpad. I will post a review of what I have read so far of Book One, but you may not then ask me to read Book Two instead. You may send in another application for me to read Book Two though and I will add Book Two to the waiting list.)

Happy reading!

Form for requesting a critique/review:

(1)Your username:

(2)Name of book you want to be critiqued/reviewed:

(3)Author's username:

(4)Why should this book be critiqued/reviewed?:

(5)How does it relate to HurdleAProblem's message:

(6)Give a one to five sentence summary of the book:

(7)How much of it do you want to be critiqued/reviewed?:

(8)What should we focus on while critiquing/reviewing?:

(9)What else should we know?:

Thank you for filling this out. We'll reply quickly with an answer.

Form for submitting a book review:

(1)Your username:

(2)Name of the book you reviewed:

(3)Author's username:

(4)How does this book relate to HurdleAProblem's message:

(5)Give a one to five sentence summary of the book:

(6)Is the author aware that your review of their book may be put in ours?:

(7)Anything else should we know?

Thank you for filling this out. We'll get to you as soon as possible.

To submit, please post in the comments of this page. Do not post your form anywhere else. This is the only place we will be accepting requests. Also, before posting make sure that spots are still open. Only post once. Thank you!