Chapter 5 : Are You For Real?

He stopped in front of his workshop where Sam used to work. I looked at him wearily. He handed a pair of familiar keys to me,"It is the keys of your Mini Cooper, you parked it in the hospital and forgot it, so later I went back to get it and parked it here, to give it a few upgrades. Get it and come home directly. There are a few things I want to talk to you about."

I get down and walk towards my car. My thoughts were still in a blur. What just happened there ?

I get into the car and look around. The last time I got in this was to rush to the hospital to hear that Sam died.

I start the car and go home. I see Matt on the kitchen counter eating fries. He looks at me and turns back to his plate of fries.

"Look Matt, can you tell me atleast why I am treated this way ?"

"Do you know Ryder? Well it is better if you don't. He and I don't have the best history. He is a jerk and I don't want you near him. GET IT ?!?" He question-ordered.

More like barked at me.

"Yeah Ok, but tell me what happened between the two of you?"

"That is a story for another day cat." He says and I see he cools down a bit.

"Cat ... why cat?"

"Well you are curious and, curiosity killed the cat." By now he was fully smirking and was restored to the old Matt.

"And satisfaction brought it back to life."

"It is late already so I wanted to ask you something." Now he looked worried and started fidgeting with his college ring.

"Is this the part where you confess your undying love for me??"

"You wish!" 

"Oh but I do" I fake whine and pout.

We burst out into fits of laughter and suddenly I think of Sam. This somehow reminds me of the last day my life was normal and my family was intact.

Oh how I miss them. Yes them, as a family we are amazing. I don't still believe that Leo would betray Mom. When they looked at each other their eyes twinkled with love and affection.

"Earth to Violet ?!?"

"Umm, yeah. I am fine. So, what did you want to ask me?"

"So I got a call from the rehab. It is about Mir. She shows great progress. She eats every meal and washes the dishes. She has also reduced spacing down. Though now and then she cried in the memory of Leo and Sam."

"Wow!! That's great. I hope I get her back."

"Another thing, I think you should get back to school, back to Maple Ridge High."