Chapter 24 (Envy: A shadow of an Ancient)

Start from the beginning

Schwarz: "Wait... Actually, rest for now, it's getting late, and you need to sleep..."

Noire: "Oh... right..."

...It was already past midnight... I guess I was so scared I couldn't even care less about the time...

Schwarz: "The Lava below has gone deeper so it's colder this season...Rest for now... I'll see you both tomorrow..."

...He stood up and was heading for the door... He was leaving...

*Grab*

Schwarz: "Mm?"

Noire: "Ah!"

...I didn't even realize until I've already done it...

My hand immediately grabbed his arm when he was leaving... My mind panicked at the thought of him leaving and so as a response, I threw myself at him to prevent him from leaving... My heart was pounding, my thoughts were disarray... but one thing is for sure... I didn't want him to leave... not yet...

Schwarz: "Geez... you're so spoiled..."

Noire: "Ah...!"

*ruffle*ruffle*

His gentle hands... they brush my hair ever so softly...

Schwarz: "Girls shouldn't just do these things, you know?"

...He said so teasingly, but I didn't care... my body was still shaking, and I didn't want to let go... in return he wraps me in his arms... he placed my head on his chest and softly brushed my hair... he's trying to calm me down...

...Even in this generation, he's still gentle and kind... and sweet... he is very caring and sincere to everyone...

Noire: "Whoa!"

...My knees buckled... I started to fall, but...

Schwarz: "Easy there."

...He caught me and then picked me up... He slowly puts me in bed with Uni... and then before leaving... he covered me with a warm blanket...

Noire: "Thank you."

Schwarz: "You're welcome..."

...Before he finally left... I asked him something...

Noire: "Hey... Do you regret something right now?"

Schwarz: "Well, No, nothing really."

His voice was clear and didn't have any hint of secrecy... How I wish I could just dive into his mind right now-

Noire: "Ah!"

..."Why is she asking me this?"... I can!? I hear it!

Schwarz: "Is this some philosophical question?"

Noire: "Oh! Nothing... never mind... Good night..."

Whoa that was weird! Why can I read his mind!?

Wait... We did soul import so that would be it... but... Aren't I in DEEP DIVE mode right now? I mean I am currently in Schwarz's Mind, which means I'm already reading it, so why can I also read the mind of the dream version of him...? Unless...

Noire: "Hmm... I don't have enough proof..."

There's also the issue of SHARES in this generation... There are no shares here and so we can't generate our powers... but wait!

If there are no SHARES at all... Like there are Flat Zero shares... why can we CPUs even exist here?

Noire: "Uuu... I don't get it!"