FFMT: Epilouge

Jake's POV

"C'mon Kenzie, hurry the hell up."

"Calm down, I got to look sexy for graduation plus Kyle's gonna be there."

My best friend says while applying lipstick on. I sigh, crossing my arms in the process.

"You know, he's still gonna love you no matter how you look right?"

"Jake, shut up."

I only roll my eyes and look at myself in the mirror again. Damn I looked good.

"Well if we don't hurry up, Kyle won't be able to see you at all. Isn't that right?"

I say with a smirk. She scrambles to get everything ready making me give an exasperated sigh.

"Ready!"

She came out with her cap over her straightened hair along with a thin layer of light red lipstick that I was so tempted to go wipe off. She's to young for that, lipstick is for grown people.

"Kenzie go take that stupid shit off and put on some Chap Stick or something."

"You're not my dad Jake."

She retorts snottily.

"And?"

"I'm eighteen."

I cross my arms and look my best friend directly in the eyes, tapping my foot on the hard wood floor.

"Geesh, fine."

She says with an eye roll. I give her a cheeky smile before watching her dig in the makeup bag, grabbing some shiny lip gloss.

"Thank you."

I smile, now satisfied.

"No problem, dad."

"C'mon we have to go pick up Kriss."

I say, ignoring the smart comment that was just said. She turns to me with a raised eye brow as she puts the tube of lip gloss up to her lips.

"Since when?"

"Since now, so lets go."

Shaking her head, she slips the lip gloss back into the make up bag. We walk down the stairs to where Madison, her mom, was standing at the kitchen counter with a tray of chocolate chip cookies.

I instantly run over and attempt to grab one. Only to have my hand smacked away by my favorite second mother.

"Ow, Mom!"

"I'm not your mom Jake and these are for after you guys get home."

She informs, pulling the tray closer to her and further away from me.

"Then why'd you make them now?"

I ask frustratedly. The Brunette just laughs and sets the cookies on the counter before walking over to Kenzie with me trailing behind her.

"I can't believe you're gonna be leaving me soon."

She brings Kenzie into a tight bear hug while she tries her best not to cry. I stand and wait as I tap my foot impatiently on the wooden floor.

"Listen, I would totally love to watch you two get all gushy gushy but I have someone to pick up."

I say to the two. Kriss. Hes warmed up to me a lot over the past two weeks. I made sure nothing happened to him after the incident I saw when we met. Letting him know to tell me if something like that ever happened when I wasn't around. But nobody ever dared to try. Serves those asses right.