Falling For My Teacher: Chapter 15

(Warning- extreme adorableness)

McKenzie's POV

"Because she's my girlfriend."

My mouth literally almost came unhinged when I heard those words leave his mouth. Since when did this happen and why didn't I know about it? I was more shocked because how many people he just said it in front of. Not the words itself.

"Oh my gosh you're cheating on me!?"

He rubs his temples and groans in frustration.

"Natalie, we don't date. Get that through your thick skull!"

She turns to me and glares, pointing a finger close to my face while circling it around.

"This is your fault! How could you steal him from me!"

"You never had em bitch."

I hear Jake mumble from across the table. It took all my will power not to snicker at his smart remark.

"I didn't steal him from you first of all."

"You little-"

Kyle grabs her wrist and forcefully turns her to him.

"Listen Natalie. I think you better leave before the owner kicks you out."

"No!"

She screams in his face. More people start to look our way as I sink farther into my seat. Jake still had the same nasty glare on his face.

"You two can't even date, its illegal. She's probably not even eighteen yet!"

"I am eighteen actually. My birthday just passed a month ago."

I say truthfully. She angrily screams and lifts her free fist up to hit me but a person with a vest on drags her out the restaurant.

"I will not accept this! This isn't over!"

She yells to us from afar. I have never met a person as crazy as her.

"The hell it aint bitch!"

Jake says as he flips her off. I groan and slap my head onto the table.

"Finally"

I mumble under my breath. Kyle sits down again and then I remember what he said.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah?"

He says while sipping on his pink lemonade.

"Why'd you say I was your girlfriend?"

"Because I figured she would leave me alone if she thought I was dating you."

He says bluntly. I give the simplest answer ever, pushing my feelings aside.

"Oh"

"And plus I was gonna ask you while we were here anyway."

"W-wait what?"

He smiles and pulls a small black box out of his jacket pocket. I instantly freak out and start rambling.

"What are you doing?! I-I can't marry you. I'm too young!"

"Its not an engagement ring. Chill out."

He shakes his head and starts laughing as Jake does the same. I laugh nervously, my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"Oh"

"Now, will you McKenzie, Monica Johnson. Do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend. To hold, protect and kiss when you're feeling sad and love you forever."