Falling For My Teacher: Chapter 5

McKenzie's POV
"In your dream, did I do something like, this."

He puts a hand on my right cheek and brings his face close to mine. My heart beating miles per minute. But something in me wants to reject it, and I finally listen.

"Stop"

I say in a stern whisper, removing his hand from my cheek. I could see the slight confusion on his face as I begin talking again.

"I'm not just gonna sit here and let this happen," I take a shaky breath before continuing.

"Listen, I refuse to be one of your little play toys you hear. I'm more dignified than that. You're torturing my feelings right now more then you'll ever know. Now stop using me for you stupid 'man needs' and just find someone who is actually more willing to do it!"

I surprisingly say without my voice cracking. He stands there silent, looking me dead in the eye.

"Y-you think I'm doing this just fo-"

"Save it Mr.Grayson, I need to get to lunch."

I brush past him and head out the door, leaving a confused Mr.Grayson behind. I walk into the lunch room and realize I'm slightly shaking. Spotting Jake, I walk over to our table and sit down.

"Kenzie are you ok?"

He says, the concerned tone clearly visible in his voice. I should've known I couldn't get anything past him.

"I'm. . .I'm fine"

He scoots closer, bringing me into a comforting hug. It's his way of letting me know that's he's always here for me when I want to talk. Returning the hug, I let my head rest into his chest. He really is like a brother to me and someone who will stick by my side no matter what.

"You know I'm here for you kenz,"

He whispers sympathetically in my ear.

"and when your ready, I'll be waiting."

I release myself from his grasp after he rubs my back one last time. I hadn't realized I was crying till I felt a hand wipe across my face. Weird.

"Love you Jake"

"I know, who wouldn't."

I roll my eyes at his conceitedness. Who could ask for a better best friend than this.

"I'm just kidding. I love you too Kenz."

He says, slightly nudging me in the arm. Sometimes I feel like an ant compared to him. He's slightly buff 6'3 while I'm only at a skinny short 5'6. The bell rings and lunch finally ends, breaking me out of my thoughts as we made our way out of the cafeteria. We happily headed to our next class, our arms linked tightly together.

~*~

"Kenzie c'mon, schools over."

Jake says while waving a hand in front of my face, freeing me from my trance.

"Sorry, I'm coming."

My mind has been everywhere today, making it hard for me to concentrate on anything. I haven't seen Mr.Grayson since our little 'talk'. I don't regret what I said since it was the right thing to do. I'm not gonna sit there and just let him play with my feelings like that. But it's a little part in the back of my mind that's telling me I didn't make the right choice.

"Kenz! C'mon."

"Sorry, sorry I'm coming."

I quickly get up, following behind him. Once the dark blue renegade Jeep is in our sight, he unlocks the door and we both get in and buckle up. Jake sighs sadly, resting his elbow onto the arm rest.