Falling For My Teacher: Chapter 9

McKenzie's POV

I wake up the next day to a blinding light coming through the open curtains. I am not looking forward to school right now. And luckily for me, it's Wednesday.

Note the sarcasm.

'Ugh, I should've just let Jake drive me home'. All of this could've been avoided.

"Kenzie you woke!?"

"Be down in a minute!"

I remove myself from the comfy bed and maneuver my way into the bathroom. Doing my morning routine as quickly as my exhausted body could. I grab my phone along with my back pack and head down stairs.

"Morni'n"

I kiss her on the cheek like I normally do every morning. She sets my plate of food on the counter and I start to eat.

"Morning kiddo, how's your day going?"

"Eh, same ol same ol."

She nods her head and proceeds to clean up the kitchen. I guess I'll just try and get through this. I mean, it can't be that hard, right?

~*~

"So how's your morning going kenz?"

"Fine"

Jake and I both are both walking into the building, heading to our first period class. As soon as we walk in, I see the back of Mr.Grayson and my stomach instantly churns.

"Oh there's Mr.Gray-"

"Shh"

I shush him loudly and pull him into our class room, ignoring the confused expression sprawled across his face. After pushing him into a chair, I take my seat afterwards.

"Kenzie, what was that all about?"

"What was what all about?"

I ask playing dumb. He gives me that 'don't play with me' look.

"Fineeee"

I say, dragging out the 'N'. It wouldn't be fair if I kept this from him.

"So you know how Mr.Grayson drove me home yesterday right?"

He nods his head, telling me to continue.

"Well, he didn't take me home. We went to the mall."

His eyes start to sparkle and he claps his hands together, clearly happy about what I just told him.

"Wait. There's more."

"Ok ok, hurry up."

He eagerly urges me to go on.

"When we got there. We bumped into his supposable girlfriend."

He stops clapping and his eyes are now dull. Uh oh.

"You're serious?"

I nod my head slowly, waiting for his response.

"That dick face, cock sucking, son of a bitch!"

I see part of the class look at Jake, the other half continuing on with their conversations.

"Jake calm down."

"No. I'm gonna go bash that dudes face into a wall and show him what happens when he messes with my best friends heart!"

He gets up out his seat, getting ready to walk out the door. Then the bell rings. He keeps going but I block him from leaving.

"No, this can wait till after class."

I demand quietly, smiling nervously at the teacher who was looking as us with narrowed eyes.