|1|

•Will•
I groaned, pulling back the covers of my bed. I smacked the alarm clock and stretched as I stood up.

A stack of towels sat on the floor outside the hall closet so I grabbed a yellow one and stuck the rest on a shelf. In the bathroom I turned the water on and got undressed.

When I couldn't waste anymore time by singing and just standing under the water, I cut the water and stepped out.

I looked through my closet to find that perfect "first day" outfit. I care a lot about first impressions, which is probably really stupid, seeing as they rarely go well. After digging through my entire closet I came out with a white NYC shirt, jeans, a yellow hoodie, and yellow Vans.

I walked downstairs and my dad was in the kitchen making pancakes. "Morning dad," I said, grabbing two glasses out of the cabinet.

"Hey Will, breakfast is almost ready. Are you excited for school?" He asked. Shrugging, I got the orange juice and poured it into the cups. My dad put the pancakes onto two plates and handed one to me.

We sat down and I handed him one of the glasses. Sitting down across from him, I began to eat my pancakes. "Will," dad said. "I'm sorry about this. I know it's not easy having to start over, especially with the age you're at." I swallowed my food. "Dad. It's fine, really. Does it suck a little bit? Yes. But it also wasn't something you could help. You got promoted, which is good. I can survive two years in this terrible weather." He nodded with a smile.

After breakfast I helped clean up the dishes and then grabbed my backpack, which was light blue, and headed out the door. "Bye dad!" I yelled. "Bye Will!"

I walked outside and noticed a dark grey house across the street. Well more specifically, I noticed the person coming out of it. A girl followed him out the door and they started walking towards the direction of the school.

I walked up to them and noticed the boy had earbuds in. The girl smiled at me though. "Hi, I'm Will. I'm your new neighbor. I live in the yellow house over there," I said, pointing to my house. "I'm Hazel," she said.

She elbowed the boy and he looked at her, my heartbeat speeding up. He was, for lack of a better word, hot.

He had shaggy brownish black hair, pale olive skin, and dark brown eyes that were almost black. A black t-shirt , dark jeans, worn out converse, and an old aviator jacket made up his look. I don't think he noticed me and he put his head back down.

Hazel rolled her eyes and yanked his earbuds out. "What?" He said, glaring at her. She nodded towards me and he looked up at me, I was a lot taller then him. "I'm Will," I said, smiling. "Nico," he said, putting one earbud back in.

I noticed how close they were standing and something shifted in my chest. The girl Hazel had frizzy golden brown hair, cocoa skin and golden eyes. She sighed and said,"Sorry about him. My brother can be a little, shy." Brother and sister, huh? They looked nothing alike. "That's okay, I'm sure he's nice," I said, now walking alongside them.

"Are you guys juniors?" I asked, hoping to have a few friendly faces today. "Yeah, Nico I are both juniors," she said, taking his earbud again. He scowled at her and took it back.

"So, Nico," I said. "What are you listening to?" He glanced at me and said,"Panic! At the Disco." I smiled and nodded.

"Brendon's the best, man. What's your favorite song?" He looked at me a little surprised and said,"Uh, probably Impossible Year or Nine In The Afternoon." I nodded in agreement.

The rest of the walk was filled with friendly chatter, mainly between Hazel and I, but soon I saw the school. The sign read Goode High. I waved goodbye to Nico and Hazel before looking at the schedule I'd received in the mail yesterday.