december 15

it's a weird day. since tyler had to pick up a shift at his part-time job, josh and brendon are left alone in the apartment. they had ramen noodles for breakfast, since they finished their oreos the day before. it's all they could manage to do without getting to nosy in the pantry. can you guess what they had for lunch? ramen as well. they're getting their moneys worth out of those things.

they're on the pullout bed playing smash bros on the switch. josh is losing by a significant amount. he isn't really good at the game, but with items on, he thought he had a chance when they began the match. "stop killing me!" he growls in anger, smashing the buttons on the controller as if that will help him out.

"stop letting me hit you then."

"you're not funny."

brendon laughs, breaking open the smash ball and killing josh for the final time, winning the match for once and for all. "and the king of smash bros wins yet again," he bows and winks at his friend.

in response, josh punches his arm. "shut it. i can beat your ass in uno every day."

"because you cheat."

"i don't!"

the look josh has on his face, a mixture of anger and annoyance, is too much for brendon to handle. he bursts out laughing, "you look fucking adorable when you're mad, dude." the pet name is of course added to throw off any suspicion of a flirty remark. but judging by how head over fucking heels josh is with tyler right now, it wouldn't even matter is brendon kissed him after. blindsighted by love is an understatement.

"jesus christ," josh shakes his head, a low chuckle escaping his lips, "you're insane. how am i your friend?"

"ying and yang, baby!"

they start another round when a very disheveled, tired looking tyler comes in, throws his backpack on the ground next to the two person dining table and lays on the small loveseat next to the two juniors. his baby blue apron is covered in cake batter stains, specks of flour cover his entire face. brendon and josh pause the match, give each other a glance before redirecting their gaze to the boy in front of them.

"uh, are you okay, tyler?" brendon asks, genuinely concerned for him.

"everything hurts... no wonder they needed my help, the goddamned bakery was madness! i don't want to see another cupcake in my life ever again," tyler groans. he lazily unties his apron and throws it on the floor. he hugs the yellow pillow that's laying next to him.

"'m sorry to hear that, ty. do you want anything? we'll be your loyal servants for today," the other teen jokes, but also not joking at the same time.

the small boy shakes his head. he truly appreciates the gesture, but his kind heart just wants to lay in bed and not move for the rest of the day.

"if you need anything, don't hesitate on telling us."

"we can make you a killer ramen if you feel like it," brendon presses the 'resume game' option. he would love to help out his competition for josh's heart out, he prefers to keep playing the video game though. however, josh pauses the game.

when brendon looks at his friend confused. all he gets is a head shake and the other controller. "i don't wanna play anymore. you beat me enough for today." what a weak excuse for getting to pay attention to your crush and not your best friend, brendon says in his head.

"alright. i'm gonna go get some coffee," he stands up, quickly turning off the console, grabbing his car keys and wallet. his phone is already in his hoodie pocket. even if it wasn't, he doesn't care. he really wants to leave. "see you later," he hisses at no one in particular and leaves the small apartment. the door shutting so abruptly startles the two other boys.