december 9

poem #25 : alone

alone

i always adored you
from afar, i wished for you

every breath you took
every word you spoke
i wanted to be there with you

you fabricated all my smiles
oh, what i would give for a kiss!

but now you're gone
you left without a trace

now i'm alone
left to wonder what happened to you
what happened to your laugh and your smile

i wonder if you think the same of me
i wonder if you think of me
i wonder if you think about how you left me
i wonder if you think about how i'm alone

hey guys!! this is a poem i found in my journal from a few weeks ago. i don't particularly like it, but i'm trying to post all my poems no matter if i like them or not.

-tyler

„"„

josh and brendon stare at the wall of snacks and junk food in front of them. they're tempted by all the choices, all of the brands and flavors they can get. josh grabs two packs of winter themed oreos out of instinct, one for each of them. he would get another pack, but he knows they should be even. even if they're only gonna be on the road for a week or so, he knows they'll get hungry a lot. so he decides to also get 2 packs of the golden oreos, just in case they run out of the first packs.

"what sounds more appetizing: dark chocolate covered pretzels or chocolate, coconut flakes and almonds trail mix?" brendon asks, taking a quick side glance at the rest of the snacks for more options. his mouth is already watering at the idea of any of the choices; he never has any food like this at home ever since his parents switched his meals to being healthier, mostly vegetables making him vegan, except for the occasional burger. but his parents aren't here right now.

josh drops 2 bags of doritos on the cart and stops to think about the question. "the pretzels. love me some trail mix, but i don't feel like it. we can get some almonds on their own if you want."

"hm, okay, you're right. i don't really like coconut flakes anyway," brendon takes the bag and throws it in the cart, "how many ramen noodles should we take? i'm sure we can afford to have food at like a diner, so we don't have to take a lot of noodles."

josh shrugs. he knows this is a short trip, a week at most. he still wants it to last forever though. he's never done a trip like this with brendon; the most they've ever done is go to disney world when they were like 10 years old. ever since then, they have been too busy with soccer to go anywhere outside the city. "maybe 5 packs each? we still have oreos and stuff. maybe we can have those for lunch? i don't know. we can shop for whatever we need at a walmart or something, right?"

"of course. i'm just saying, some of the towns are really small. so who knows what they have there."

they walk aisle after aisle, grabbing water, starbucks coffee packs and diet coke for drinks. josh has a list of the things they'll need on his phone, and they check it every so often to remind themselves that they need things like toilet paper, recyclable plates and so on. they walk past the pharmacy to get to the toilet paper and something inside brendon lights up. "we're almost forgetting something." he says it with such a careless tone that josh is legitimately confused at what they're missing. he already has tylenol in his bags just in case they have headaches or something of the sort. he looks down at his list and doesn't see anything written down for the pharmacy section.