T H I R T Y - F I V E

Start from the beginning

"Okay, so no hotel, no Grayson and no Paige. Now what?" I tilt my head and look up in wonder.

"You can stay over at my place, my parents already agreed." Candice smiles from ear to ear and Paige walks away in frustration.

I'll deal with her later...

"Yayyy!" I whisper shout and extend my arms to hug her. The two girls run over to me and pull me in a tight group hug.

"Uhh, girls? I have a question..." I squeeze an eye shut in pain when they both scoop me up in their arms. They pull away and look at me with a question mark stamped on their faces.

"Earlier you said that Paige was going to drug me to death... does that means she takes drugs?" I quickly look outside the door to see if anyone could hear us.

"No-"

"Yes." Becca cuts Candice off and raises an eyebrow at me. My eyes widen.

"What are you doing-" Candice whispers in Becca's ear before getting interrupted again.

"Only the truth, Cece." Becca whispers back and Candice rolls her eyes. I giggle.

"You know I can hear you guys, right?" I smirk and they both laugh.

"We know, hun... Anyways! It's been a crazy long day! Becca and I are going to go find a hotel near by to get some sleep and we'll be back tomorrow." Candice smiles at me as she makes her way next to my bed and bends over me to kiss my forehead. Becca does the same and they both leave. I wave as I watch them walking out the door.

The door doesn't have the time to shut completely until is swings open again.

It's Grayson, holding a box of sushis and a cup of frozen yogourt. I give him a warm smile but my I freeze when I spot the bruises on his arms and thighs. He walks up to me and hands me my food. I take the food and he sits down on the chair. My gaze is not leaving his.

"Grayson what the hell happened to you?" I furrow my brows and my eyes widen when I see a cut on his bottom lip.

"Nothing... eat." he points out at my food but I stay still, my stare devouring his body.

"Not until you tell me what's up..." I look at him with sadness and wonder. He sighs and bends over to rub his eyes.

"I just had a small car accident on my way to get the food, that's all..." he mumbles and my eyes widen even more.

"That's all?! Grayson you could've died for all I know! This is a big deal!" I push my food aside and try to grab his wrist to take a better look at his arm but he flinches away.

"It's literally not, so stop it." he looks away and I tilt my head to the side in disbelief.

"Wow okay, I'm sorry for caring about you?!" I raise my voice. He stands up in a heart beat and glares down at me. I gulp.

"You don't even fucking remember me, Hailee. Believe me, you really shouldn't care!" he yells at me and I look down in submission.

"What did I do that's got you so upset..." my voice cracks when a tear falls down my cheek.

"You didn't do anything, I did. And it was a fucking mistake!" he swings to throw a punch in the wall but stops last second and strokes it instead. He rests his elbow on the wall and rests his head on his arm. He takes a deep breath. I keep sobbing.