Chapter 15: Test Time

Start from the beginning

"Welcome back," Shiniko greeted.

"Sorry, can't talk now. Gotta go study." He said in a rush and hurried back to his room. Before rushing off, he took the plate of food off Shiniko's hands. 

Shiniko sighed angrily and went back into the kitchen to cut up more food. When she was finished, she continued to go downstairs. She placed her plate of fruits onto her coffee table and turned on the TV. Everyday, from when she got home, till it was time for bed, Shiniko had some sort of marathon, but mostly binging on anime series or movies. 

When Shiniko woke up the next day, she got ready and before leaving the house, she texted her brother.

Shiniko: Good luck on the midterms, u probs won't need it tho :)

Shuu: Yeah, ur rite I probs don't, but thx anyways. And good luck to u to, even tho I know u won't need it either :)

The day went by as usual, but Koro-sensei made even more of himself to help the students study. By the end of the class he was exhausted. A group of students went up to his desk.

"Not that I don't appreciate it, but why's he teaching us so hard anyways?" Okajima questioned.

Koro-sensei chuckled, "To get those test scores up, why else? If I do that..." He paused for a few seconds before continuing, "I'll never have to worry about you trying to kill me again! It'll be sheer bliss!" He said happily.

"Let's face it, who needs to ace a midterm when you've got that kind of cash tucked away in you're bank account?" Nakamura questioned with her arms folded behind her head.

Koro-sensei screamed in shock, "Money isn't everything, people!"

"Assassination we can strive for. But academics? Seriously, why bother?" Mimura also questioned.

"I see. So that's how it is, then? Do you know what I think? I don't think you appreciate what it means to be an assassin. Everyone. Schoolyard. Now." He demanded, his head was purple with a large purple 'X' on it.

Everyone went outside, including the teachers, but Shiniko stayed inside and watched from the classroom window.

Koro-sensei started off explaining the school system and how students think that getting back to the main campus is only a dream. After he was done explaining, Kataoka showed up with Professor Bitch.

"Ms. Jelevich. I'd like your opinion as a professional assassin." Koro-sensei said.

Professor Bitch replied with, "Alright, what do you want to know?"

Koro-sensei continued, "Now, let's say you've been given an assignment. Do you have only one plan going into it?"

"Hm. 'Course not. If my profession has taught me anything, it's that Plan A almost never comes off like you'd expect. There are just too many variables." Professor Bitch continued explaining.

"And Mr. Karasuma, what about you? When teaching knife combat strategies, do you believe the first strike is the only move of any importance?" He then proceeded to question.

Karasuma explained more about knife combat.

"Listen to your teachers, boys and girls!" Koro-sensei heeded, "Backup plans are the cornerstone of confidence," He said while spinning, "And a confident assassin is a successful one. The same goes for life in general. You strive for assassination, but not academics? You've heard the old saying, right? Don't put all your eggs in one basket! Well, that's exactly what you're doing here!" He kept spinning, there was dust and blades of grass in the air.

Shiniko crouched down just below the window sill from where she was standing.

Koro-sensei continued, "Now. Suppose I left the classroom for good. Suppose some other would-be assassin out there managed to do me in. What would you be left with? What would you strive for then? Or are you satisfied with being outcasts? A word of advice from your Koro-sensei, you walk a fine line." With all the spinning he did, he created a tornado. "Those who can't wield a second blade aren't qualified to be assassins!" He exclaimed still spinning.