44. Dinner with the Styles

So sorry for this being rather late and short and probably pretty boring chapter xx  plus, isn't that gif just the cutest thing ever??

N I A L L

My phone blares out, cutting the rather awkward silence between us. I mumble a soft apology, before pulling out my phone, glancing down to the screen, my entire body tensing up as I see the name flashing across it.

Harry shoots me a worried look and I gulp, shaking my head and declining the call.

"Sorry." I mumble sheepishly again.

"So.." Gemma breaks the silence, before a small smile plays on her face, which releases a little bit of awkward tension in the air.

"How did it happen?" She asks gently, which didn't sound accusing whatsoever.

Harry smiles softly before shrugging.

"It just.. kind of all fell in place." He answers before glancing towards his parents.

"This isn't too weird is it?" He asks, before releasing a soft, nervous chuckle.

Their features soften and I can't help but to release a soft sigh in relief.

"Of course not, Son." Robin reassures, patting Harry on the shoulder gently.

"We were just rather shocked that's all." He adds, and Anne nods along.

"Yeah. I mean, this is pretty shocking, but definitely exciting news." Anne adds. "And we assure you, we are so happy for you. Both of you." She tells us gently, before turning to me as well. Harry and I exchange glances before wide smiles spread across our faces.

"Thanks, you guys, that means a lot to us." Harry answers for the both of us, and I nod in agreement. The last thing I want is Harry's family to hate me for making Harry 'go gay' or something.

"So? Tell us, what happened? I'm not accepting 'it all fell in place' as a damn answer. Who-" Gemma asks excitedly but gets interrupted once more by my damn phone.

I sigh under my breath, looking at the screen to see that it's the same caller.

"You should get that, babe." Harry tells me gently. I nod reluctantly.

"Sorry, excuse me." I tell them, before excusing myself from the kitchen and make my way into the living room.

I can hear their quiet mumbles, leaving Harry to answer their interrogation about us while I take the call.

"Niall." She says sternly before I could even say hello. I gulp at her tone.

"Hi mum." I reply hesitantly.

"Where are you?" She asks sternly.

"Harry's place." I admit meekly.

"And what the hell are you doing there? Why aren't you home?" She demands.