10. Beef

Chapter 10

N I A L L

I've been working with Harry and Zayn for about four days now and it's finally Sunday— our only off day, since the pub is closed on Sundays. I wouldn't say that it's the worst job in the world, but it definitely isn't the best. At least the pay isn't half bad. And Carl pays on time.

These few days, I've always been working the same shift as Harry, and honestly, I don't know how I should feel about that. On one hand, he helps to make time pass by so much faster, and I really, thoroughly enjoy his company. One another hand, I'm enjoying his company a little too much.

At that thought, my eyes train themselves on Harry's back as he orders his food. Call me a whore, but I can't help but to still fantasise about his broad muscular back, his defined arms, his toned abs. Not saying that Zayn doesn't have a good body, because boy, does he have a good body, an amazing one at that. But it's Harry.

I can vaguely hear Zayn talking beside me, whether it's to me or to Louis or El, I don't even know. And to be perfectly honest, and I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I wasn't really paying attention. His words were like entering a ear and leaving the other.

Harry turns around from the counter and that's when I tear my gaze from him, turning my attention back to the conversation at the table. I notice that Zayn isn't talking to me, but to El, which makes me feel slightly better for dazing out and staring at Harry instead.

I catch Louis' gaze and he shoots me a knowing look, raising an eyebrow. I sigh softly, shaking my head.

"Hey guys, here." Harry comes back, placing the tray full of food on the table, my mouth watering just at the sight of all the fried chicken.

"God, I'm starving." I gush, immediately reaching out for one of the chicken.

"You say that like, every hour, Niall." Louis comments smugly and everyone else giggles. I roll my eyes, taking a bite off the chicken, almost moaning at how good it tastes.

"Do you have a problem with that Lou? Come fight me." I say, with my mouth full of food, pretending to sound threatening. He grimaces and I laugh softly at his reaction.

Harry plops down next to me in the booth, and I almost blush at how close we're sitting, shoulder to shoulder and thigh to thigh. I scoot over a little, even though I honestly didn't want to, to give him more space.

"Chelsea couldn't make it today, H?" Louis asks, and I notice some sort of tone in his voice. My head shoots up towards him, narrowing my eyes at him slightly. He's up to something.

"Ow!" He suddenly yelps, making all of us jump slightly in our seats. He glances over at El, who's innocently taking a sip from her drink. I hold back my laughter.

"You okay?" Harry asks and Louis nods.

"Yeah. I just accidentally bit my tongue." He lies and I snicker softly to myself, knowing fully well that it was El who made Louis squeal like that.

"But yeah anyway, Chelsea couldn't make it. Her company is having some sort of big project coming up and will be busy for most probably the next month or so." Harry tells us and to be honest, I'm kind of glad. I'm a selfish dick, you don't have to tell me that.