09. First Day

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

N I A L L

"I'm Carl, but I suppose you already know that. Neil right?" He asks and I tried not to roll my eyes at him.

"Niall." I say slowly and he nods.

"Right. Quinn!" He hollers. I look behind me to see Melissa putting down her wash cloth that she was holding before making a quick jog over to where we are.

"Show Niall the ropes. I'll mend the cash register. If he does something wrong, it'll be on you." She rolls her eyes.

"Got it." She mumbles.

"Don't try to act cocky with me, Quinn. I can fire you if I want to." He warns sternly.

"Got it." She repeats. Carl gives her a last glare before he turns on his heel and strides off.

She sticks her tongue out childishly behind his back and I can't help but to release a short chuckle. She turns back to me, giving me a little smirk.

"Sorry, he can just get so bossy sometimes and it just seriously gets on my nerves." She mumbles and I smile lightly, shaking my head.

She runs her fingers through her short hair. "Anyway, I'm Melissa. But you can call me Mel. You're Niall right? Zayn's boy?" She asks and I nod, a small blush on my cheeks.

"Is that what everyone calls me around here?" I ask with a light chuckle and she smirks slightly.

"Practically, yeah." I release another short chuckle, shaking my head.

"Where is he anyway?" I ask, looking behind her, but the dark haired lad is no where in sight.

"Back in the kitchen. Got stuck doing kitchen duty. Long story short, he got distracted and made the wrong drink and it tasted horrible so he got thrown behind." She tells me and I giggle softly, nodding.

"Sounds like what Zayn would get himself into." I comment and she chuckles softly, nodding her head to the side.

"Let's start first then yeah? If not Carl's gonna fiRe mE if He wAnTs tO." She says the last part in a mocking tone, trying to act out the spongebob meme and I throw my head back in a chuckle, nodding.

"Yeah, let's."

She leads us to the back room on the left of the bar, which opens up to a locker room which I suppose is where the staff keep their belonging.

"This is just where you keep your bags or whatever belongings if you have any. For now you can share the locker with Zayn. Just ask him for the key later yeah? And here," she walks further in, steps around a wall that separates the locker place and whatever is behind it. And that's where I see Zayn in a plastic apron, a frown on his face as he jet sprays the glasses.