34. A cliche movie

H A R R Y

Today's the day I'm going to tell Chelsea. I think I have delayed, pushed it and dragged my feet about this for way too long. We've had too many close calls and I'm not gonna risk it. I need to do this for both Niall and Chelsea.

To be honest, I was hoping to keep all of that sneaking around up, for as long as possible. But after Chelsea almost caught Niall and I in the back room of the bar— which was already a week ago, how he walked off right after, it knocked some sense into me.

The first time when Chelsea almost caught us, when we were having sex on my couch, it didn't hit me as hard because I know Niall was still in my room. He stayed. But watching him walk off that night, it honestly broke me. It broke me and it finally hit me that by trying to keep Chelsea happy for as long as possible, I'm just 'prolonging' Niall's sadness. And I didn't want that. And I know I have to tell Chelsea as well. I knew it from the start, but I just didn't want to, I just couldn't bear to. But now, I just have to.

I've realised that delaying it further is just hurting both Niall and Chelsea. It pains me and it saddens me that I'm the reason to cause heartache, the reason to crush Chelsea's happiness. And it actually scares me, that Chelsea's happiness literally lies in my hands, and I'm practically going to crush it just with a curl of my fingers. It kills me.

My initial idea was to 'bring her down' gently by slowly drifting apart so it may not be as painful for her when I tell her. But I figured that that'll just make everything worse. She would have to deal with two things at once— how we are 'drifting' apart, and the truth. So I decided against that.

I've told Chelsea that I'd pick her up in about two hours— reason being I needed slightly more time to gather my thoughts, and one and half hours have already gone past, which leaves me half an hour before I have to break Chelsea's heart.

I'd be taking her to a small cafe down the street, where we used to have some dates. It's quiet and you'd be able to have your own privacy even if there are others around. Plus, maybe if we are in a public place Chelsea probably wouldn't dare to scream in my face. But who knows, maybe being in public won't make a difference to her and she'll still scream in my face. But I probably deserve that if that does happen.

My thumb hovers over my phone screen, contemplating if I should call him. I take a deep breath before deciding to just go for it.

I press his number in, already having it memorised. It rings, and after each ring, I'm getting more and more nervous. My stomach is tied in knots, my knees bouncing up and down in anticipation.

"Hello?" His deep, raspy Irish accent rings through the phone, sounding like he just woke up. Which I'm not surprised at. Niall wakes up at like 2 on average. 12 earliest.

"Hey Ni." I answer softly.

"Hi Har. What's up?" He asks, before releasing a small yawn.

"I'm gonna talk to Chelsea." I say. I hear some shuffling around on the other side before he speaks again.

"Like talk-talk?" He asks softly, sounding a lot more awake now.

"Yeah. Talk-talk." I reply.

"Will you be okay?" He asks gently. I release a soft sigh. I probably won't be okay.

"Yeah, I will." I breathe out, not wishing for him to get worried.

"I've actually been wanting to ask you this, H, do you ermm.. want me to follow you? To talk to her?" He asks and to be honest, I was a little surprised.