Dinner tricks

Maddie's POV:

I dressed up to go to Amanda for dinner I was in a pencil dress my hair slightly curled. I smiled as I put a dab of gloss on. I finally placed my high heels on and called for a taxi.

When I arrived I was greeted by Amanda, we had a few wines and I helped with dinner.

I sat down at dinner with Amanda we were chatting about the wedding when the front door opened and two voices were chatting as well as ours. I could just about hear their conversation

"Ready?"

"more than I'll ever be Martin"

I tilted my head slightly. Martin charged through the kitchen door, as I turned my head to speak to him...Benedict walked through, he looked tired like he hasn't slept for weeks his hair messy and has a slightly growing beard.

"Maddie....." he said silently "Mr Cumberbatch" I answered coldly. "Are you here for-" before he finished I answered "for dinner yes I am." he nodded and looked down not daring to look at me again.

Throughout dinner me and Amanda spoke only at various times, she knew I was annoyed at her for not telling me my ex was coming for dinner on the same night as me.

I felt tricked. As I left after dinner Benedict chased after me

"What Ben?" I spat at him "do you want a ride home?" he asked rather shyly "No" I snapped and charged off further down the road "please I dont want you to get wet" by the time we left it was spiting rain. "Fine" I rolled the f as I go into his car, silence was played around the car until we reached my house "Goodnight Mr Cumberbatch and thank you for the ride I will see you at the wedding no doubt?" he just nodded as I jumped out of the car.

The cheek.