4 Years Later

He was curious of where the loud ground shaking music was coming from.  After creeping around the city for the past hour and a half, he sits on an empty street almost completely absent of anyone. The only source of light that allowed him to see was the few flickering street lights that was barely functional, and the shining white moon in the dark sky. A few houses and office buildings showed some life, with a small amount of lit rooms inside. A car filled with a bunch of rowdy young people that was probably around his age came passing by. The vehicle looked like it had to be packed with at least one or two over it's space capacity. Their music was so loud that he could feel the vibration of the bass in his chest. He watched the car as it passed by him.

After that, Evander's attention went back to the bigger source of loud tunes. He guessed it was probably a party when he saw a slight touch of blue flashing lights hit a group of tall trees standing beneath the moon ahead. Evander stood up off the bench and pulled his hood over his head before heading in the direction where he thought the music was coming from.

******

It turns out it actually was a party after all. But Evander was surprised that the party took place very close to Natural Antiques. Also in the same area where him and Lace, who is long gone, used to come and hangout nearly everyday after school.

There was at least a hundred wild teens partying in that neck of the woods, most of whom were probably Night Wolf High kids. Someone started a huge bond fire with logs, where a bunch of kids gathered and cuddled, or either drunk beer and danced to the song playing. There was a big blue mini van parked by a large oak tree with some bearded guy playing the music out of big speakers that were trimmed with glowing neon. He was the one who provided the music for the entire get together. He had his apple laptop along with all the rest of his equipment being powered by the van. The guy was wearing glasses and had on some type of outdoor vest. His hair was wild and crazy just like his Santa Clause beard. Near him and his small domain of electrical complexity was a disco ball standing in the ground, rotating at moderate speed and lighting the area up with flashing lights and green dots. Everyone danced, holding alcoholic beverages and singing after the lyrics in the song that played. Parked vehicles sat in some areas around the crowd of dancers.

Evander stood by the group of people near the bond fire, watching it all. A guy across from him stared at him for a second them gave him a quick wave and a slight smile. Evander gave him a friendly wave back.  There was a girl on his left with her face buried deep into her phone, texting. A couple right next to her were making out non-stop, which kind of got him aroused. As Evander stared into the flames and listened to the music, he feels two pokes on his right shoulder. This triggers a high school flash back, which almost causes him to forget that someone poked him in the first place. He spun around to find a hot chick giving him a wide smile. Her smile slightly decreased when she saw his completely white eye. She was a Caucasian girl who appeared to be in her late teens. Her hair was wrapped in a ponytail and she had green make up covering her eyelids along with green lipstick on her lips. She was wearing a red-velvet tank top with blue jeans and some high heels that was a color Evander couldn't  see quite well. He could smell her perfume, which so smelled so good that he could literally eat her up. She smells delicious, he thought.

"Hey!" The girl told him.

"Hello," Evander says, barely smiling at all.

"I saw you show up with no one with you, and I thought I'd just stop by and keep you company. Do you go to Night Wolf High by any chance? Most of the kids here do. I graduated last year," the girl explains.

Evander gave her a smile that sent a chill down her spine. His silver teeth. And his completely white eye. Overall Evander's appearance did creep her out at the slightest at least, but she masked those feelings by keeping her smile on her face.