CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

★ ★ ★ ★

FEBRUARY 14TH, 1943

This day was a special day for everyone. A sweet and positive feeling filled the air. Joyful smiles were spread on everyone's lips and their cheeks were flushed with a pink color. It was a day full of love. It was Valentines day.

I have adored Valentines day ever since I was a child. I always dreamed of my prince charming to come and swoop me off my feet on Valentines day. I dreamed that one day I would have someone to always spend Valentines day with like how my mother and father had each other.

I always remembered my father coming home from work early to surprise my mother with white freshly picked Lilly flowers. Even though it was really all the money he had he still gave all he had for my mother (and of course my siblings and I).

Fiona and I were in her garden at the moment picking out flowers for Miss. Peregrine. We all knew Miss. Peregrine wasn't one for liking large and shiny presents but instead she was one for liking the little things. It was Fiona's idea to pick her some flowers for the holiday to show her how much we love and care for her.

"Johanna should we add more Daisy's or more Lilly's?" Questioned Fiona while holding out the of the large bouquet of flowers we picked.

Fiona had every single type of flower you could think of in her arms with a wide grin on her face. She had Lilies, Daisies, Tulips, and more piled on top of each other. Fiona's long braids were dipped in the bouquet of flowers and her clothes were covered in dirt. If I could I would have taken a photo right then and there.

My eyes widened. "My goodness Fiona! Don't you think we have enough flowers to put in the vase?" I questioned chuckling at the many flowers in Fiona's hand that looked like it was going to fall out of her small hand any second.

Fiona smiled sheepishly down at the many flowers in her small hand. "I guess you're right. I just want this to be perfect for Miss. Peregrine, I want to make her happy"

I smiled warmly at Fiona, walked towards her, and started to help her out with holding the flowers correctly. Once Fiona held all the flowers by their stem's, her fingers and arms started to finally relax. Fiona let out a sigh of relief then looking up at me with a thankful smile.

"Trust me, these flowers will put a big smile on her face, I can promise you that" I said with a kind smile on my lips making Fiona perk up a bit.

"Really?" Questioned Fiona with a hopeful tone in her voice making me nod.

"Of course! It's the thought that counts" I reminded Fiona.