New Life

Quick AN
Just like to thank gingercacti for being the first to encourage me to actually go on from the first chapter. Sorry to waste time but that had to be said.

Payton's POV (for rest of book until I say)

4 years later

"Payton! Get down here before I come get you myself!" My new pack yelled.

I learned that what happened all those years ago was my mate rejected me, basically breaking my heart in half and leaving me as the shell I am today.

I look kind of the same, but my eyes are dull and my hair got slightly darker.

I now have bags under my eyes and almost always have chapped lips.

My new pack took me in about a year and a half ago and forced me to be their slave basically.

I live in the attic and my room consists of a small window and a chest with a thin mattress on the floor.

No blankets or anything like that.

I have been starved on top of everything else going on.

I'm probably fifty pounds lighter than I was when my mate last saw me.

My pack has abused me since the second week they had me and I covered in scars and bruises.

I know it won't happen, but I just wish my mate cared a little and would save me even if we couldn't be together.

I know at some point my pack will kill me, it's just a matter of who and when.

I know I need to get downstairs or I'll get it worse.

"Where have you been you worthless little brat? We need you to clean the house before the alpha of the moon pack comes to look for his mate. Whatever, just have it done by the time we get home from school!" Madison, one of the pack's 'playthings' said before leaving the house with the rest of the pack.

I'm really sick of never leaving this stupid house.

Sky has been itching at something since Madison said that the moon pack's alpha was coming tonight.

I just ignore her and clean the already spotless house.

By the time I'm done, the Alpha should be here.

They came home a while ago and said he'll be here by 4:30.

It's 4:50.

I don't know why I'm anxious, I'm not even allowed downstairs when he comes.

It wouldn't matter anyways, I had found my mate and lost him without even knowing it.

I took about 15 minutes of beating a little ago, and need to dress the huge gashes on my stomach and arms.

I heard someone come through the front door, and by the way I heard my pack greeting the person, it was the Alpha.

My wolf wanted me to break the rules to go see, but I didn't want to die today.

I did however listen to a story he was telling, and his voice made all my pain go away.

He was telling of how he had rejected his mate a long time ago and has spent years trying to find her.

He said that when he walked in he sensed her but could not see her.

"Well the only unmated member that is not in this room is our slave and I don't think that she is worthy enough to be an Alpha mate. She was rouge until we found her."

I heard yelling and I couldn't understand it.

My Alpha barged into my room and started speaking softly but very threateningly, "you didn't make dinner, Why is that? Do you want to die tonight. There is already fighting and we haven't got anything to distract him with!" And with that he was on top of me, beating me senseless.

I screamed, hoping maybe this visiting Alpha was kind enough to help me.

I heard footsteps and smelled a familiar smell.

"Help!" Was all I wheezed out before blacking out.