03

★ Ashley ★

Christmas was soon upon us. The time of year when it snowed and everyone celebrated happiness with their family.

Who would hate Christmas? It gave the perfect opportunity to get cuddle time, what with the cold and all. I for one used this opportunity a lot. Cuddle time made a happy time. Well, I guess you figured it out. This was the real reason I loved Christmas.

With exams finishing, the best part was that we got to have a Christmas party to celebrate the holiday we'd be getting. I could barely wait. After all that hard work with revising, we finally got to let loose and relax like there was no tomorrow. Well, okay. Maybe the last part was just me, but really, it was a much deserved holiday of the year. Everyone made plans, even me.

I finished cheer practice. There were no exams in the afternoon for me, so I went to the Christmas party committee meeting. Even though I was the head cheerleader, I volunteered in the school committee. I mean, come on, I knew everyone in the school, so it worked out. Since I had all the gossip as the head cheerleader, I knew Marissa Kyles. She was the gorgeous ice queen as everyone called her. She was smart, gorgeous, talented and musical. Oh, and let's not forget the 'stay the hell out of my way before I crush you' vibe she sends out. I've also never seen her do any sports. It explained her pale complexion. Well, okay, fine, it didn't, but her skin was so beautifully pale and soft... I assumed it was soft, I've never actually checked. If only I could lean out and touch it myself.

We had a lot of boys in our school that have tried and failed at asking her out. Not a single guy at our school had gone out with her, it was a failed attempt. Even though her light mesmerising blue eyes pulled you in, they would also freeze and destroy anyone within reaching distance, hence the name ice queen. Her long dark hair always looked neat by her side, never pulled up, caressing her light pale skin. She was a true sight to see.

I was very different compared to Marissa, I was very athletic. As a cheerleader, I worked out a lot, so I had impressive abs in the right places, but I didn't like too much muscle; being fit was enough. That's why I liked doing other things outside of working out. And it was nice to take part in the committee, to be part of the community spirit.

At today's meeting, I found Marissa. It was a surprise, but a good surprise.

She said she would help with the party though she never took an interest in it before. I could tell she was trying to shrug me off with all the cold glares and sighing, but damn when a girl was that hot and glared like that - hell yes! Call me a masochist if you will, but this girl was deadly, especially her looks. What was a little harm in flirting?

"Hey, Ashley, is it me or is Marissa trying to test out the 'if looks could kill' theory?" Sarah asked me. She was one of my close cheerleader friends.

I turned to face Marissa, and she looked annoyed, underneath that cold deadly glare she gave off. I guess when I played around with her, it wasn't the best idea.

Before everyone came in, I was leaning against Marissa, who looked as if human contact could kill her. I kept trying to get something out of her, by casually flirting with her, but I might have ticked her off instead. Well, I'd like to think instead of ticked off, it was a slight annoyance because well, come on, this was me we were talking about, and everyone loved me. I'm nice.

Marissa caught my eye for just a second and the deadly look in her eyes wasn't as strong as before. I waved at her with a smile on my face. I think I caught her off guard because she had this confused look on her face before she sighed and turned around.

Now you might think, the girl has no interest in you so why else would she ignore you? But, when she turned around she sighed, not glaring. I knew for a fact Marissa never dropped that cold look she gave everyone, and even if I caught her off guard, she could have still glared at me but she didn't. Therefore, I still had somewhat of a chance. You see how that made sense? I pay attention, I don't just go for a girl who has a pretty face without thinking things through... okay, maybe I do that too, but that's beside the point.

I knew Marissa didn't like getting close to people or at least that's what I thought since she wasn't close to anyone at school. But I wanted to get to know her honestly, to know who the ice queen was underneath all that layer of ice she's built up.

Even though I was gay - which no one knew other than my parents - I wasn't feeling lust for her. Okay, that was a lie, I felt some lust. Okay, another lie, I felt very lustful, but, come on. If you were gay and had eyes, you would feel the same way. Being a girl changed nothing - I had desires too, especially with me being a teenager, when hormones went wild the most. But even with all that, I actually wanted to know the real Marissa. The girl behind the icy mask.

She had this thing about her that just drew me in and I could never look away. I knew I could screw up anything I tried with her, because of my feelings (essentially the lust), but it would be great if I could be friends with her. She was always alone by herself. Even an ice queen needed someone to lean on.

*

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)