Chapter 13

"So how does this paladin things work?" I ask April, school ended 3 minutes ago and we were now walking in the crowded hallway.

"What do you mean?" She ask, typing away on her phone. She seems pretty distracted than usual and I've only known her for two days.

"Does everyone have a secret hero/ villain identity?" I shrug, "and so you know who they are? How does it work"

"Oh that" April slips her phone into her back pocket and turns her attention to me as we keep walking. "It's simple, here they just teach you how to use your powers. What you do outside is all your business." She pulls out her phone once again and opens the picture app. "See, I took a screenshot of this this morning"

I look down at her phone and see Static and oh shiz...me. In my super suit of course but none the less it's me. The screenshot was a CNN post about the new hero duo.

"I'm 100% sure they both come to this school" April keeps scrolling through her other pictures.

"How do you know?"

"They seem our age, and old paladins don't just team up suddenly. Oh but where was I?" She again puts her phone in her pocket, "oh yeah, everyone here gets to decide what they want to do with there powers. You can be a scientist, work for the government, be a paladin. But like you have to have a great powers for that. Not just shapeshift into a ball"

We start to get nearer the bus stop, busses are flying out from every direction. It's like a airport with yellow planes.

"Or you can just do nothing. Which is what I'm planning on doing." April finishes her sentence, "questions?"

"Um yeah, so not everyone here is a paladin "hero" " I questioned, I always thought that every single person was a hero and didn't incredible things.

"Less than 75% are official paladins. Some just like staying on the down low, I guess" April tells me, reaching our bus and walks in.

The bus is full of random faces that I yet haven't met, but there's an empty seat in the distance. As soon as we sit down, the bus goes up.

"Hate when he does that" April muttered under her breath. The bus hovers for a bit until it speeds off.

There's a couple in front of me, attacking each other's faces with there tongues. I try not to stare so much, but I can't help it. The girl tongue is literally a snake. Pink and green and really hard to miss, but I guess the guy has no problem with her little friend.

"My stop, see you at the beach?" April tells me as she stands up. The bus slammed to a stop but April is already at the door ready to get out.

"Sure" I whisper to myself. Beach with paladins?

****

"No invite" Static asks, popping out of my window. I roll my eyes , making sure to hold the curling wand without burning my neck.

"There's a door for a reason" I groan, releasing the curl and bouncing it a few times, "and invite for what?"

"My little puddle isn't getting ready for nothing, so where you going" he sits on the edge of my bed, staring at me threw the mirror. I turn around to face him.

"Beach"

"Grayson and Tayler won't mind my presences, would they?"

"Actually, its not with them. I made new friends at Kents" I go to my closet and take my short shorts off the hanger and see white crop top. I close my closet door to change. It's not a walk in closet but there's just enough room to fit tightly, can't have Static seeing me undress.

"Oh, who?"

"April and her friends." My mind goes blank with the other people's name, "um Liz, Draco, and Sebastain"

"Ah, the mind reader. I'm always careful around him. Can't have him knowing that I haven't stopped thinking about you since we met." I emerge from the closet and walk to the full length mirror.

"Nope, your buttcheeks are hanging out" Static points out as I do another spin to check myself out.

"It's the beach, I'm practically naked" I roll my eyes and grab my small backpack from the door knob. "And stop with the flirting, I'm cringing"

I shove my iPhone battery pack, earphones, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a water bottle when I hear the springs of my bed.

"Flirting? That's just me being smooth, breeze" He stands up, Stretching his arms.

I roll my eyes and look up to face him but he's not there. Hmm, paladins are sneaky.

I put my backpack over my shoulder and crawl out the same window Static used. Malibu beach is about 3 hours away in car, but how far can it be on air? I slip my Hydroa mask on, and push myself off the roof.

Not 30 minutes have passed when I start smelling the familiar sunscreen smell. I move the clouds that are blocking my view slightly to see through. The ocean and sandy beach look beautiful from up here, and in the distance I see the Malibu pier, at least I'm at the right beach.

I lower myself down to an isolated part of the beach, taking the mask carefully from my face and check my back pocket to make sure my phone is still with me. There's only one notification on my phone

April
Text me when ur here
*current location shared

I click on the link she sent me, and the little red pin drops not even half a mile away from me, feeling to lazy to actually go to the whole putting on the mask process I decide to just start walking.

5 minutes later I spot a group of people by the rocks. Sebastain is the first to see me heading their way, waving at me as I get nearer.

"Hi!" I half yell as I get closer to the rocks there sitting on. The area is pretty secluded, a few people are around but they have to be at least 300 feets away.

"You came!" April tuns towards me and wraps her arms around me.

"How was the traffic?" Sebastain asks as I lean on a rock.

"Great, saw some birds here and there but that's all" there's a blanket and some food scattered around. The rocks are huge, I'm tempted to use this as a playground.

"Wait? You fly?" Draco asked, arms around Liz. Liz rises her eyebrows up.

"Yea, I don't own a car or anything." I laugh

"Thought you said you only fancied water" Sebastian raises his eyebrows even higher than Liz's eyebrows. I get myself comfortable on the rock, crossing my legs in a cris cross applesauce position.

Draco and Liz are sitting on the blanket, while sebastain and April both have there own separate rock to sit on.

"I do, wind and water actually." I hold up two fingers up, "I'm kinda dominating the wind part at the moment though" I whirl my finger, forming a small tornado "but water is catching up"

I swish my hand around to make a sprinkle of water trundle down.

Sebastain smirks at me, and moves a little closer. "You know? We can't be friends" he tells me with a sarcastic voice. Liz and Draco are to busy recording April chugging water for the world record books to hear our conversation.

"Is that so?"

"Our powers aren't compatible at all