Chapter 10

My first day of high school, I mean paladin school. The last days have been as normal as a paladin can get. Static was nowhere to be seen, My mom has no clue that I transferred school. I pick out my outfit carefully. Hmm don't want to seem so new but yet not so boring.

I go through my closet until I decide on my favorite pair of shorts, my black vans and a random band shirt. I finish it off with a flannel around the waist.

Hmm, I look punky. I like it. I grab my backpack. Wait do I need a backpack? The acceptance letter had nothing about what to bring. I take my backpack just in case.

I start applying some light makeup when I hear my mom coming up stairs

"Hi honey, have a great day at school. I have to go, I'm late for work" she kisses me on the cheek and gives me a light squeeze. I hug her back.

I hear the the front door close, now how am I going to get to Kent? I remember static told me we would go together but I haven't seen him in the longest so maybe he forgot about me. I click the link that came with the text message, the schools official website appears. I skim through until I find the transportation section.

Bus C stops right in the next block in umm 10 minutes! I turn off my phone and hurry to the bathroom. I brush my teeth as fast as I can, and bring my backpack. I walk out the door and lock it.

I run as fast i can, panting and feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack. As I get to the corner I see a bus getting nearer. I wonder why I have never noticed this bus in my area.

The bus stops right in front of me, the bus driver looks really nice.

"Hi, is this for Kent?"

"Shh, do you want every villain to hear! Hop on" the bus door slams as I hop on and starts moving even before I find I seat. I find an empty seat and sit down. I look around me and teenagers are talking to each other, like normal teens.

If I was stupid, I would probably think that this was a normal bus.

A girl with a ponytail and glasses turns around and faces me. "Hi I'm April, your new right" she smiles

"Um yea" I mutter, I don't know this April. What if she's like those fake people that act like friends but then stab you in the back.

"Cool. I've been here for like a month so I know what your going through. It's not that scary once you understand the process. Honestly I didn't know I was a paladin until I got recruited here" she breathes, it doesn't seem like she's going to stop talking. " so what's your name?"

"Carter, Carter Williams."

"Hi Carter, your a..." she taps her chin " a junior?"

"Yea, you?"

"Me too! I'll show you around if that's okay with you" she offers a friendly smile, the bus finally lands, I didn't even realized when it took off.

Everyone gets off the bus, April waits outside as I get off.

"Okay so this is outside, just don't fall of the edge unless you can fly...wait can you?" She stares at me, this is an odd conversation to have. I never imagined my powers would be a topic of conversation.

"Actually yea, you can call it that." I shrug looking around, it's not that big now that I'm actually looking. " how many people attend?"

"Around 200, small school. And you fly? That's cool." She waits nervously for me to ask what she does,

"So what do you do?" I ask, a smile returning to her face.

"Oh, I can go through stuff." We walk near the school building and she stops "look" she starts walking towards the thick brown walls, the door literally a yard away. As she said, she goes through the wall as if it wasn't there. Screams are heard on the other side, April pops herself back to the outside "oops?"