Chapter 12

"Carter!" April yells from across the classroom. I wave at her and walk in her direction, at least I have one friend. The whole class is in a circle, Mr. Strong in the middle of course.

"Yesterday we had a mishap occur" Mr.Strong mentions, glances come my way. "Let's make sure that doesn't happen again"

He put his whistle to his mouth and blows it, kids rush to there usual rings. I look around to see if Kian's here, and like magic, he's leaning against the wall.

"Carter, go to your spot!" Mr. Strong yells, my feet turn jello. Kian is the kind of person that will get thisclose to killing me without actually killing me. Exciting.

"Missed me, babe" Kian's mouth forms a disgusting smirk.

"Sadly no, my dog puked something that looked like you" I sass back "so I was reminded of you while I was cleaning it. "

"Spicy" he flicks his pinky up with a small flame coming out of it, "I likey"

I reach the mat and climb on it, careful not to do anything stupid. I hear Mr. Strong arguing with someone so it might be a few minutes until we have to start the actual fighting.

"About yesterday" Kian face turns dark as he says this, "let's start fresh, you didn't know the rules, babe."

"That's a great idea! I'll try not to kill you today, babe" i mock back.

His frown slowly turns into a smile, an evil smile. I keep my face as dead serious as I can hold it.

"Everyone START!" Mr.Strong yells, this time I don't look around like I did last time. I stay focus on kian.

"You know, if it wasn't for the accident yesterday I would think about banging you" kian lefts his hands and with a swish, a ball of flames come towards me. I quickly dodge it, forgetting completely about my powers. "But now all I want to do is make you scream" his eyes turn a fiery red.

I put my hands in front of me, facing him. "I'm flattered" I breath out, I try not to show that I'm scared...shitless.

He starts to throw fire balls, I try dodging them at first but that ain't gonna happen. I put my hands up and think about water. Yes water and fire! A sprinkle of water comes out my palms, I gasp as this is my first time actually making water.

The harder I concentrate the more water sputters out of my palm. After a few seconds, water sprays around wildly.

Kian hands looks like a torch, fire reaching out to lick my fingertips. Water and fire both meet in the middle. Kian suddenly stops and starts throwing fireballs at me while I make a rainstorm come out my hands. At this rate, no ones going to win. And I don't like ties...at all.

"Is that all you got" I mutter with clenched teeth

"Babe, I'm going easy" Kian smirks. And suddenly lowers his hands down. I stop the water but keep my hands up right just in case he tries something.

His face turns into a mean snarl, slowly turning ...red? His arms and legs double in size, the sound of fabric tearing fills the room. Everybody has stopped what there doing to see what was happening.

My eyes go wide at the huge fire monster that it's front of me.

"Oh shit" I whisper, the monster giving me a smile in return.

His fist comes down next to me and that when I realized today is the day I die. My body turns into fight or flight mode and to my luck, I can actually fly.

I swoop myself as high as I can go, out of kians reach and think of a plan. Clearly, he can kill me by just tapping my shoulder.

I decided that attacking him with wind will probably be the best move, seeing that water was barley strong enough for his fireballs that compared to this monster, seems like blowing out a candle.