Chapter 8

"For a newbie, you don't fly that bad"

"For a paladin, you don't give great compliments" I sass back. Static and I are flying side by side in our way to... I don't even know, I'm kinda just following him. "So what are we doing again?"

"I am going to watch you make a fool of yourself and then I'll swoop in to save the day. But that will be enough for the media to notice you" static winks as he passes me, this flying and floating thing is so unfair. He can fly the same way I walk. But I can float the same way someone drinks water upside down. Which let me tell you, it ain't easy.

"Hold up, fool of myself?" I point at my smile, making me drift to the left so instead I just smile. " I'm a badass."

Static laughs, I swear I heard that laugh before from afar. "okay how about you prove me wrong"

I was about to bark back when I spot the robbery happening. Two black cars are parked right outside. ON RED ZONE! That's a ticket right there, but as I stare more at it, I realize that there getaway cars. I noice static starts slowing down. A yellow glint appears in his eyes. He's signature move when he's done something to the electricity.

"Electricity is down so now it's your turn, Carter" static "dusted" his shoulder, props to him. He did just turn the lights off by just looking at it at least a quarter mile away. "Land on the building. I'll watch from here."

I feel a pat on my back, and I make my way to the bank. I don't know if I should be scared or excited as I get nearer. Slowly I land on top of the building. I look around me to see where I can make a smooth entrance and see a hatch. What kind of bank would have a hatch on the roof?

I rush over to it and open it, I did want to be extra and like blow it off but I can't even control my powers so that will have to wait. I climb down the ladder as silent as I can when I hear voices. At least two different voices have to be in here. I step of the ladder and look around.

Two men are trying to open the door, which is a sliding door. I breath a sign of relief, the doors are electric and therefore they can't run away. I step towards them, someone's going down. As I'm walking, a man stands up straight facing away from me.

"Well, if it isn't static. Should've known it was you when the lights went off. Not that original buddy." The guy in the blue shirt turns around and he clearly look taken aback " I stand corrected"

The other guy in the black shirt also turns around and starts laughing. I just stand there, not knowing how to react. I looks back and forth between the two guys.

"Cats got your tongue?" Black shirt says as he steps closer to me. He looks around the age of 25, and let me tell you he ain't gonna age well.

"You have say something babe" blue shirt backs up black shirt as they both start walking towards my frozen body. "What fun is it if you don't talk?"

They are about 10 feet away when I finally find my voice. "Don't move" I mutter "or I'll blow you away"

Wow great Carter, blow you away. Let's make that your slogan since it's as stupid as you at the moment.

"Your beauty is already breathtaking" blue shirt mutters back, but stops walking. Black shirt on he other hand has the balls to keep walking.

As I promised, I put my right hand up and blast black shirt with a strong rush of air. Slamming him against the locked door. Grunts come out of him. He looks unable to stand, his body weak from the hit.