Chapter 9

"About Kent school-"

"You want to join? It's pretty nice, but a lot of competition" static explains looking up from my bed.

Let me explain, it's not what it seems. Three days have passed since the bank, and I haven't seen static since. Today he just appeared outside my window, and I thought "he'll leave in 5 minutes" but he's been here for the past 4 hours. Not that I mind, he's a great person that keeps conversation going, but I still have things to do.

"Yea, I want to go. Think I should?" I stop typing on my laptop and turn my attention towards him.

"Of course, I attend that school too." Static sits up and pulls out his phone. "all supers In California attend that school"

"I texted the number yesterday but they haven't said anything back" I groan, I have finally told them I want to join but of course I don't get an answer.

"Just show up, say your a new student."

"Easy for you, you're like the only young super in woodlake."

"Uh, not anymore." He puts a straight face "you appeared"

I laugh, he smiles and throws himself back into my bed.

" okay, I'll just go." I agree "but I don't even know where it's at?"

"You got Netflix?" Static asks," because you can watch this movie. Sky high? It's just like that but without all the baby and royal pain thing"

He shudders as he says it

"Oh yea! So like a school on the air?"

"Yes malady, on Monday I'll wait for you so we can go together." He winks, I hate when he gets flirty. I roll my eyes and go back to typing my essay that was due two days ago.

"Isn't there like a bus in that movie?" I put on my thinking face. Pretty sure the bus like flys with the kids.

"Yea, but we fly!" He points out, he does have a point.

"True, okay then it's settled." I turn back into my laptop.

I glance at him, on his phone without care in the world. His face covered with mask, only his jaw being visible. He's body covered in gray and yellow.

"Done checking me out?"

I look up at his face again, a smirk on his lips.

"Why do you know who I am, but I don't know who you are?"

"You've never asked" he shrugs.

"You never take off your mask, I don't even know what school you used to go too." I argue. He sits up again, amused.

"Oh okay, I went go your school. And maybe you'll find out who I am at Kent." He laughs, my mind going crazy.

"Go to my school?" I scrunch up my face. This is not adding up. I urge him to answer my question but all he does is lift up his eyebrow in amusement.

"Can't a kid go to both?" He laughs, not answering my question. I throw a stapler at him which he catches. That's one of the things that suck being friends with a super, you can't hit them. "Okay! I already got all my training for super school, so I only go if I want too!

Who is absent a lot at school? Alex? No couldn't be, He didn't even know he had powers. My mind keeps thinking when my phone dings either a message.

I glance at it and see it's from Kent school.

From unknown

Congratulations,
You have been accepted to Kent high school.
We've been waiting for you Carter, you can finally be the super you need to become. Your schedule and rules will be explained to you on your first day of school.