oh no

When I woke up, I found myself in my own room. Jeff must've put me here. I saw Smiles coming in and Jeff behind him. "Well good morning, sleepy beauty" he said smiling. Smiles jumped on my bed and made himself at home. "When did I fall asleep?". "You fell asleep when you tried to get out of my lap. Oh and the power came back on too" he said. Oh yeah now I remember. "OK, well its time for you to go to school" he said as we walked into the kitchen. "What about you. You need to go too" I said. He just shook his head. After I got ready I left the house and met up with Anabelle and Skylar. "Hehe. Darla, come on!" she yelled as I approached them. "Hey guys" I said hugging Anabelle. We walked to school and saw that cops were there. That's probably why Jeff didn't want to come to school. Maybe they were after him. Just calm down Darla, everything will be ok.

      "Do you know about a boy named Jeffery Woods?" a cop came over and asked us. We nodded yes. The cop told us why they are looking for him and asked if we knew where he was. We all said no and he left. I hope that they don't find my house. I looked over to Anabelle and she was shaking. "I cant believe that Jeff would do something like that" she said confused and Skylar agreed. I'm used to hearing that story, since I've already heard it a few times. We went to class and everyone was talking about it. People are so rude!! They don't know what he's been through! I laid my head down on my desk. When a few minutes passed, Anabelle was poking/slapping me to wake up.

     "Come on sleepy head, wake up" she said laughing. When I looked up, everyone was gone. Then I heard a blood curdling scream. I ran towards the scream to see Anabelle trembling. When I got close, I saw Becky's sister dead. There was blood everywhere. A cop came up and told us to step back. I cant believe that Tina was murdered. When I looked at her closer, there was a smile cut onto her face.....just like Jeff. I mentally argued with myself that Jeff didn't do it.

     Later that day we were sent home so that the cops could investigate. When I walked through the door, Jeff was asleep on the couch. Smiles was asleep under the table like usual. When I tried to wake Jeff up, he just stayed asleep. The only thing I could think of was to jump on him. So I took a step back and jumped on him. When I did, he woke up coughing and I started laughing. I got off him and he sat up. I wanted to ask him if he went anywhere today, but it looked like he wasn't in a good mood.

   "Hey Jeff....did you go anywhere today?" I asked anyways. He kept silent. Strange, its like he's a whole different person today. "Jeff did you?" I raised my voice a little. "I'm sorry. I lost it when I snuck into school to check on you." he finally said and I motioned for him to continue. "When I saw that you were asleep, I started to leave the school. I was about out when Tina saw me and was about to get the cops. Next thing I knew, she was dead. So I ran back here and fell asleep" he said with a worried expression. He pulled out a bloody knife and threw it. I tried to calm him down, but he wouldn't listen. Then I started to hum a lullaby that usually calms me down.

   He finally calmed down and laid his head on my lap. "It'll be ok. I'm here for you" I said rubbing his head. "Ok. Thank you, Darla" he said before he fell asleep. When he fell asleep, another storm came. Great, that means that the power would probably go out again. Once the rain started, I was dozing off to sleep. Later that night, it sounded like someone was crying. I opened my eyes to see Jeff in the corner of the room. "Jeff?" I said sitting in front him. He looked like he was scared of something.

   "I....I'm a monster" he started to mumble. Why is he thinking that? He's not a monster. "Jeff, your not a monster. Stop thinking that" I said trying to calm him down. Instead he shook his head. He must be thinking about the people he killed. "Jeff, calm down" I said shaking him by his shoulders. Is he having a mental break down? I stopped shaking him by his shoulders and he looked at me with a blank, facial expression. I started to hum him a lullaby and he started to calm down. "Darla?" he started. "Yes?" I nodded. "Am I a normal person?" he asked. I sighed and he looked at me pleading for a answer.