part 5

Third person

All of the students watched as Peter collapsed, getting caught in Flash's arms. A couple of minutes ago, Peter was fighting off a man that wanted to kill him, and now, the students watched horrified as he was dragged towards them, exhausted from saving them.

"Come on kid," their teacher, said.  He leaned over Peter and put his head to the boys chest, checking for a heart beat. And it was there.

Barely.

"Sir, he's not breathing," someone cried. They all watched as they realized. His chest wasn't moving.

Mr Garrett leapt into action, remembering all of his first aid training he'd learnt years before as a soldier in the Marines. He bent down, pinched the teens nose and breathed into the teens mouth, his chest rising and falling. He then started compressions, going up to thirty before repeating the process, each time having less and less hope of seeing spiderman's eyes full of life ever again.

Gwen was crouched next to Peter, holding his hand and crying. She didn't want him to die. He wasn't allowed to.

He was spiderman.

All the students watched, the atmosphere was tense, grief filled the air. Flash didn't want Peter to die. Who would he make fun of, no other guy walked around with a skateboard and camera, pulling off the nerdy bad boy look. Life just wouldn't make sense if there was no Peter.

Mr Garrett counted to thirty for  the fifth time. The last time. He slowly took his hands off of his chest and looked at Peter. An hour ago he was alive, throwing balls around the now wrecked gym. The pale boy was unmoving, his lips slightly parted and his eyes closed. He looked away, distraught that he couldn't save him.

They'd lost all hope.

He was about to announce his death, until a strained choke was heard, and then a gasp of breath. Peter's eyes flew open as he choked and gasped, finally getting some long deprived and needed oxygen into his lungs. Gwen was the first to leap into action, by pulling Peter's head up onto her chest so he was sitting up, opening his airways. He kept coughing, struggling to stop as his lungs greedily took up all of the oxygen around him. Gwen rubbed his back, rocking him back forth. She's almost lost him again. Mr Garrett put his hand on his own heart, feeling the rapid thuds of panic, glad that Peter was alive. The other students sighed, releasing their held breaths.

"Peter, you good?" Mr Garrett asked, looking him in the eyes. Peter has stopped choking, and was instead breathing heavily.

"You can't... tell...anyone about me," he said, taking deep breaths.

"Of course. No one is going to tell anyone. You're secret is safe. You're just a normal student that saved the day. Isn't he?" He said, looking around at all the other students, who nodded their heads, staring at Peter in awe.

"What about all the webs?" Flash asked, pointing at the webs that were still holding the wall up.

"Spiderman did it, and then he disappeared. Simple." Mr Garrett said, making sure all the other students understood what to say. And then he looked down at Peter, who was looking up at Gwen," you know, I've always wanted to meet spiderman. But now, I get to see him everyday."