"What the heck are you doing?" tanong ko nang matauhan ako.

"Trying to comfort you," mahina niyang sagot at saka niya itinigil ang ginagawa niya. "Sorry, ganito kasi ang ginagawa ko sa kapatid ko 'pag umiiyak siya."

Thinking back, he said he's the eldest child. Ibig sabihin, may kapatid siya. Kaya siguro marunong siyang mag-alaga ng mga bata at mahaba ang pasensya niya.

"And you think I'm the same as her?"

"Medyo," he answered and I could hear his suppressed snicker. "Pareho kayong masungit at laging galit."

I glared at my left side even though I couldn't see him. Hindi ko alam kung kino-comfort niya ba talaga ako o nagsisimula na siyang mang-asar.

"She must be pissed at you a lot of times," I countered and he laughed in return.

Nanahimik lang ako ng ilang minuto at nang tuluyan na akong kumalma ay tinanggal ko ang kumot sa akin. I was expecting an annoying face in front of me but he has fallen asleep. His neck was leaning on the backrest of the couch in an uncomfortable position and I wondered how he managed to sleep with that kind of posture.

"Tss. Comfort my ass. You're just a sleepyhead," saka ko ibinato ang kumot sa kanya at dumiretso sa kwarto ko.

***

Dahil hindi naman na rin ako makatulog ay nag-browse na lang ako sa social media accounts ko at nakita ko sa feed ang sinasabi nila tungkol kay Queenie.

There was an anonymous confession about her posted by a page saying that she's a two-faced queen. According to the post, they heard her arguing with a fan of her boyfriend and attached below was a familiar picture. It didn't really caught the scene but there were two girls talking on one corner and I immediately knew that it was that incident.

Some of the comments called her out, saying that she was just putting up a facade this whole time while others defended her since the picture wasn't clear enough and there might just be a misunderstanding.

Huh. So these people finally saw her true colors. Took them a long time.

"Ah oo nga pala," biglang sabi ni Jazer kaya napatingin ako sa kanya. "Sasama ka ba sa Sabado?"

"Anong meron?" tanong ko at inalala ko naman kung anong mangyayari sa Saturday.

"Family Day sa day care. Ibibigay sana sa'yo ni Kuya Larry 'to kanina pero mukhang nakita niyang wala ka sa mood."

Pagkasabi niya no'n ay inabot niya sa akin ang letter at sinamaan ko naman siya ng tingin. Ngumiti lang siya na para bang nang-aasar na naman kaya sinipa ko ang binti niya at nakita ko ang pagpipigil niyang sumigaw. He bit his lower lip to prevent any sound but his face was turning red . . . and his dimple was getting deeper.

I read the letter and the family, particularly the parents, were encouraged to participate.

A lot of parents go to work and they don't have enough time to have fun with their children, thus, this activity. We want children to enjoy a day with their loved ones and to help them understand how important family is. We highly encourage everyone to participate.

Happy family day!

I sneered after reading the last paragraph and almost crumpled the letter. If they only knew how some of those children couldn't even give this paper to their parents because of various reasons.