He was sure she wouldn't want to join, so it was up to him to convince her.

Yet nothing was coming to mind, except for the anger of getting assigned to her once again.

"I mean, who does he think he is?!" He said, looking at Grillby with frustration.

Grillby dried some cups and his eyes stared past Sans, staring off into space as if he had just woken from a nap as he replied, "He's the boss, Sans."

Nearby, playing pool, Chara snickered and glanced at Sans, causing him to shoot her and Asriel a nasty glare.

He turned back to Grillby and said, "Well... that's a lousy excuse."

Grillby only nodded and hummed in agreement, drying off another glass cup before setting it down and dazing off again.

"Not only that, but the dolly got my backstory! The stupid tactic didn't even work in my favor! I'll be lucky if she doesn't know my weakness."

Sans continued to rant a bit, about how Frisk guessed a lot about him just from a few words and how she didn't have the answers he was looking for.

Instead of the friendly advice that Sans usually revived from his friend, Grillby only nodded and hummed an agreement, as if he wasn't paying attention at all.

"Hey," Sans said, snapping his fingers to break his friend's daze, "Are you even listening to me?"

When Grillby blinked a few times to wake up, he replied, "Hm? Oh yes, I'm listening."

Sans looked skeptical and folded his arms, testing, "Oh really? What did I just say?"

Grillby's hesitation was enough for Sans, and the Skeleton scoffed slightly as he said, "Wow. I've been talking to the air this entire time."

"I am sorry Sans," Grillby apologized, "I have just been thinking about how I could possibly beat muffet, and I suppose-"

Sans cut him off with a long eye roll and a stinging glare, his eyes narrowed as he said, "Oh right, of course you were thinking about Muffet."

This time Sans ignored the snickers coming from Chara's direction; he thought it wouldn't matter if she heard what they were saying anyways.

Grillby seemed surprised with Sans's comment, and blinked a bit in shock at his words.

"I beg your pardon?"

Sans gripped his cup tightly, and said, "You're always focusing on Muffet. Can't you listen to me for one second?"

The words were almost painful to his friend, though Sans hardly noticed, considering his anger was mixing with the fact he was almost not sober.

"Can't you ever listen to me?" Grillby shot back, his voice still smooth and flicking. "You are always going on about Frisk. Ever since the expert came here, she is the only thing on your mind!"

"Take it back! You know that isn't true!"

"It is Sans, and you know it. All you do is talk about her."