Chapter 12:

*Third POV*

Sans ran down the corridors, announcing Frisk's escape to everyone in The Underground mansion.

Few people looked out their rooms at the running skeleton, and few even cared about what he was screaming.

Most of them were used to seeing Sans drunk, so most chose to ignore it.

Except those who didn't, were those who cared about whether Frisk had truly escaped or not.

Which is why Chara and Asriel peeked from their rooms, glanced at each other, then took off running after Sans as well.

Except poor Sans hadn't been aware, that the moment he left the room yelling, Frisk had walked out of the bathroom in new clothes she had taken from the dresser, looking around the room confused as if she had heard something.

Sans didn't bother with the elevator, and used the stairs as he yelled, "Frisk has escaped! She's not in her room she escaped!"

More of the main Underground members began chasing after him, also realizing he was drunk and had no clue what he was saying.

When Sans reached the commons area, Chara grabbed his arm and pulled him back to stop him from running any further, Toriel and Talia looking quite worried for him already.

"Sans! Shut up!" Chara ordered as she shook his shoulders, Asriel beside her and nodding to Sans as if saying, 'You better do as she says.'

Sans blinked a few times and when his eyes focused on Chara she said, "What's going on?"

"Frisk! It's Frisk! She wasn't in her room when I checked she was gone- she must've escaped!"

"WHAT ABOUT THE HUMAN?" Papyrus asked as he looked at his brother, worry caressing his face along with the confusion in his eyes.

"She escaped!" Sans announced again, looking at everyone around him with his eyes wide and his pulse racing.

They needed to get her back or he would be in a load of trouble.

He couldn't risk having her gone while the traitor was still among them.

Why had he asked about her tragedy instead of what he truly needed to know?

"Sans!" Undyne yelled, clenching her fists and glaring, "You are being hysterical!"

Sans shook his head quickly, and he looked at her with bewildered eyes as he claimed, "No I'm not! I saw her- I mean I didn't see her because she was gone and-"

That's when a hard slap struck his cheek sharply, sending an aching pain up the side of his face.

His blurry vision began to clear, and his eyes stared at the marble ground of the commons area, his mind suddenly filling with the open sound of the fountain behind him, and the people around him.

"Sans she hasn't escaped!" Chara said, being the source of the slap.

Sans looked at her with his eyes wide, yet his mind beginning to clear.

His head was pounding, yet his senses were getting back to normal as he glanced at the worried faces that crowded him.

Toriel was next to Talia with her eyes sympathetic, and concerned.

Papyrus was looking at him with more of a puzzlement in his expression, yet his eyes were troubled with why Sans looked so upset and dazed.

Chara and Asriel were still before him, both with stern expressions and a dark look to their eyes.